Can employer charge you for IVR Training

Any working in the breakdown recovery trade know if an employer can charge you for IVR Training… especially IVR 1,2,3 AND 5/6

Cheers

Depends on the terms laid out in your contract

You should have these most basic modules before thinking of starting full time work in that industry - you wouldn’t be insured if you were to undertake any service providers roadside job, these are absolute basic requirements before passing go!
VR01 - Health and Safety, VR02 - Customer Service Skills, VR03 - Roadside Assessment
If you went for a forklift drivers job, you wouldn’t expect your employer to train you for the qualification when you got there… or would you??

There’s a recovery Co’ quite close to where I live. He keeps badgering me but I won’t ever work for him.

His MO with his staff is to get them £1500 to £2500 in debt to him for training costs, kit, et al. Which means he has them by the gonads & can treat them however he likes.

He thinks anyone wanting to work in the industry is a complete & utter mouth breathing moron, cos’ that basically sums up the types who fall for it & end up owing him £1500 - £2500 & daren’t leave for a better job cos’ they cannot afford it.

Works well, if you like that sort of thing.

Wessex Paul:
You should have these most basic modules before thinking of starting full time work in that industry - you wouldn’t be insured if you were to undertake any service providers roadside job, these are absolute basic requirements before passing go!
VR01 - Health and Safety, VR02 - Customer Service Skills, VR03 - Roadside Assessment
If you went for a forklift drivers job, you wouldn’t expect your employer to train you for the qualification when you got there… or would you??

I had no basic training till I started. I did 1,2,3,5 And 6. I thought exactly same thing I’m sure they have to give me the basics?

Dork Lard:
There’s a recovery Co’ quite close to where I live. He keeps badgering me but I won’t ever work for him.

His MO with his staff is to get them £1500 to £2500 in debt to him for training costs, kit, et al. Which means he has them by the gonads & can treat them however he likes.

He thinks anyone wanting to work in the industry is a complete & utter mouth breathing moron, cos’ that basically sums up the types who fall for it & end up owing him £1500 - £2500 & daren’t leave for a better job cos’ they cannot afford it.

Works well, if you like that sort of thing.

Lol where is this recovery company based mate?

Your IVR Qualifications are yours, and not that of the company.
You already have the requisite qualifications for basic (pick up and run) light recovery.
If the company requires further IVR modules to be taken, then they may well ask you to sign a training agreement.
These vary drastically some will pay and not charge you, as long as remain in their employ for a specific period of time. If you leave prior to that date there may well be a proportional amount to repay. That said there are many other variations to these agreements - if any at all.
Its a hard, thankless job, mostly spent out of hours/unsociable/bank holidays - Money can be good, but home life will not be so…
Best of luck!