Camelford cornwall

Going there tomorrow from Thurrock was thinking 303 to a30 then a395 to a39 running at 12 10 any thoughts about the route

bjd:
Going there tomorrow from Thurrock was thinking 303 to a30 then a395 to a39 running at 12 10 any thoughts about the route

Sounds about right to me mate.

M4/M5 is a lot easier. Uses less fuel too. If you do go down the A303, then don’t bother with the A30, cut up the A358 towards Taunton and drop on the M5 there.

woukld i be about right around 5 and half hours ?

No ,black down hills great fun,you know you’ve driven it
Great when loaded

Also don’t forget about the queues around Stone henge as in holiday time they’re bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Also don’t forget about the queues around Stone henge as in holiday time they’re bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Might be better m4 m5 then

The weekly runs that I do down there are based on a pre.calculated milage route, (ie the shortest route) pence per mile.
Harry’s M5 route as he says may be the more fuel efficient, but not the way I would have to go based on what I’ve just said.
Also of it takes longer better for me on my paid per hour job. :sunglasses:

robroy:
The weekly runs that I do down there are based on a pre.calculated milage route, (ie the shortest route) pence per mile.
Harry’s M5 route as he says may be the more fuel efficient, but not the way I would have to go based on what I’ve just said.
Also of it takes longer better for me on my paid per hour job. :sunglasses:

A303 is a nice drive, a proper old-fashioned cross-country road with lots of interest but when I had my own truck I did the maths using fill-to-fill and it used about £20 more in diesel to do Sidcup-Saltash going via the A303 rather than the M4/M5. Gregory’s own trucks are instructed to go M4/M5 wherever possible so presumably they’ve costed it out too.

think imm going to Dary Crest not 100% but thats where the post code said PL32 9XW

ill wave as i drive past you in my van tomorrow :grimacing:

seriously don’t do the 303 unless you REALLY want a extra night out. its holiday season people, traffic aint gonna be moving :imp:

Post code looks like the cheese place, it’s a couple of miles outside camelford. Entrance is of the A395 I believe.

Wayne:
Post code looks like the cheese place, it’s a couple of miles outside camelford. Entrance is of the A395 I believe.

yeh looks like its off the 395 then on the right googe puts it right on the dary crest entrance

bjd:

If you’re not in a hurry and you’re not on some kind of fuel bonus go A303 A30 as it’s a lot more interesting than the M4 M5 and there’s a few eateries along the way and some great views.

Thxs chaps went A303 in the end but your input was welcome