Any ideas

In a Renault truck this morning. It has this error on dash popping up. Can’t find it on internet and explaining it over phone would take too long.

My brain can’t decipher it but it is Monday and I don’t usually work mondays

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Collision…

Avoidance system malfunction.

In the old days I’d have just put my packet of ■■■■ over the light. Nowadays I’d be more inclined to call NASA or your TM or the Samaritans for advice on what to do next.

Don’t you just love modern crap.

Not to worry next gen lorries will have yet more of this sensor dependent ■■■■■■■■, eventually you’ll be lucky to get a week out of a vehicle without it going into the workshops to have it’s virtual mind read, bit of luck eh every fleet will need 20% spare lorry capacity to keep the wheels turning :unamused:

Yes, i too would be ringing the office, and when they tell you to continue get the defect number and the name of the person issuing said remote defect and the time of issue in case you get a pull or, Heaven forbid, are involved in a bump.
Ball in their court, goes with the big bucks the company car and the kudos :wink: of being in charge :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
Collision…

Avoidance system malfunction.

In the old days I’d have just put my packet of ■■■■ over the light. Nowadays I’d be more inclined to call NASA or your TM or the Samaritans for advice on what to do next.

Thanks

Juddian…

We both know the things that really matter don’t have lights on the dashboard.

Smoke, loud bangs, grinding noises, rhythmic chaffing noises and flames don’t need warning lights. :smiley:

P Stoff:
Thanks

You’re most…

Welcome.

They’ve told me to park in the middle of a field and run for my life.

Or

Crack on drive…

(Defected by daily detect and email)

I had the same pop up last week, the trailer had an abs fault or should I say the old trailer vs newer truck malarkey which tends to flash up the abs in this situation, causing the anti collision to switch off and make it unavailable. A similar situation happened when the abs lead came adrift from the socket

yourhavingalarf:
Smoke, loud bangs, grinding noises, rhythmic chaffing noises and flames

That describes my ■■■ life … all 30 seconds of it :laughing:

Roll on a couple of weeks and no more of this cr@p

yourhavingalarf:
Juddian…

We both know the things that really matter don’t have lights on the dashboard.

Smoke, loud bangs, grinding noises, rythmic chaffing noises and flames don’t need warning lights. :smiley:

Yup, but how many times has a lorry overtaken you on the motorway and you can hear all sorts of ominous noises as it passes, sparks appearing from underneath when whatever has dropped or broken off is dragging along the ground, load straps dragging on the road inches from getting trapped under trailer wheels, number plates upside down or back to front, lights that could or could not work in any combination at all, mirrors/windows that filthy its impossible to see if there’s anyone behind the wheel, and no a driver isn’t behind the wheel :smiling_imp:

Double decker pulled across the front of me in a moving jam early on Saturday morning M25, sparks coming regularly from underneath, looking closer the rear axle airbag lower mountings are touching the road, its still at full height, no chance of getting the attention of perma hivis bod at the wheel who appeared not to know the purpose of mirrors, or apparently the suspension levelling lever :unamused:
Yes i hung back when we got going again :wink:

Think It’s an colision light. Means it’s faulty. Io open bonnet . In front middle someware near the grill your see a black box kind of thing varies on models. But is thick black box with wires is the sensor just give it a wipe over with a damp cloth

I had this once, so I rang the office.

It’s telling you that you’re a cream of cream driver by rewarding you an A star.

edd1974:
Think It’s an colision light. Means it’s faulty. Io open bonnet . In front middle someware near the grill your see a black box kind of thing varies on models. But is thick black box with wires is the sensor just give it a wipe over with a damp cloth

Is this the same device that is prone to blocking in snowfall?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Never driven a Renault before last week and I know it’s basically a Volvo running gear but I quite like them. One you get to the roller things on the steering

P Stoff:
Never driven a Renault before last week and I know it’s basically a Volvo running gear but I quite like them. One you get to the roller things on the steering

Recently been doing a lot of work for a firm that has all Renault T line (think that’s what you call it). At first I had to google how to use cruise (they hide it behind the steering wheel) - and I wasn’t so sure about the electric handbrake. But I love it now. Think it’s a top top motor.

It does have stuff I would change. Such as how it knocks it out of gear when you get out of the cab and how sometimes you need to press the accelerator and the handbrake together to release the brake. But it’s a good truck - and I can sort of see why they have introduced these safety features.

we have new volvos… you can also get this fault showing if you have a broken or faulty ABS suzie.

bottom line for me is treat dash lights like traffic lights.
green and amber mean flat to the mat,ignore and crack on.
red means stop,or at least have a good look before cracking on. :wink:

paulfromwire:

edd1974:

Is this the same device that is prone to blocking in snowfall?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

that’s the one

Drain the air, turn off the isolation switch, unplug the suzies, build everything back up and if nowt changed, crack on or ring the tossers