Caught speeding twice scotland

Just received letter for speeding cam van caught me doing 51mph on national speed limit road Scotland so 40mph this is second in a year what a D**k

Anyone experience this? Got letter the first time saying I’ll be sent in front of traffic commissioner if caught again within 3 year

Tia

Im not sure on Scotland but I thought in England they had done away with the 40 limit on normal roads?

Scotland didnt

Havent experienced it, but if i had the obvious choice would be to slow it down a tad.

You are going to have to ask yourself why having had such a warning you still ignored the limit. 51 is not an accidental lapse of awareness like 45 could be argued to be. You could very well be looking at having your HGV entitlement suspended for a while. If you are genuinely under pressure from your employer to rush about then you need to do something about it.

Sitting in front of the procurator fiscal was more scary than the traffic commissioner [emoji23]

The cynic in me can not help thinking that this faliure in Scotland to come into line with the rest of the UK’s HGV speed limits is purely there to catch you out to raise revenue and nothing else but …especially when there are exceptions made when it suits THEM (A9 Perth/Inverness)
It’s been proven elsewhere that 50mph works (although originally I was not sure it would because of the d/heads amongst us)

It’s supposed to be the ‘‘UNITED’’ Kingdom ffs., as much as they want their independence they aint got it, so bring ■■■■ things into line with the rest of the country

Another example here is the legal alchohol limit,.

Now I know I’m going to get a effin ■■■■ storm chucked at me for this off the purists :unamused: , and those who swallow without thinking the official line ■■■■■■■■ on ‘sucking a wine gum affects your judgement’
So I’ll just pre empt with ''Anybody getting behind a wheel ■■■■■■ up deserves all that comes to them., so get that out of the way first eh…but think about it for ONE minute…

The original concept of drink/drive limits on a breathylizer were to stop someone '‘Driving whilst DRUNK’
However, when a guy loses his licence for having a half lager with a meal in Scotland (allegedlly a true event, not sure but go with it ) there is something wrong with a system.

Before those purists I was on about give themselves a coronary/stroke to come back and have a go at me :unamused: …‘‘NO I DON’T drink and drive myself’’ !
sorry to disappoint, my point is based purely on principle.
If you do something in Scotland they deem illegal you’re nicked, but in the next village 100yds over open border …it’s perfectly legal and you aint, in the same country.
Aka a ■■■■ joke.

Go to www.pepipoo.com and search ‘unsigned’

Wildy:
Go to pepipoo.com and search ‘unsigned’

Exactly what this wise old owl suggested!

Also get your self a styles Manuel, that letter will have different languages in it to the trained eye, to the untrained it will be English, but I can assure you it will contain, glossa, Latin, legalese & probably a small amount of old English. No legal document can transgress from one to the other & still hold up under uk law. It works if you have the nous to understand it & more importantly, see it through.

Whilst I don’t condone speeding or law breaking in general I wouldn’t want to see a fellow working man empty his pockets to fund large criminal organisations, as far as I know the uk is still/ should be under common law, which clearly states- cause no injury harm or loss, ie no victim no crime, it also states the state, government cannot be victims. Good luck.

Am sorry to here about this man"s predicament. The drink drive law is different in Scotland and so is the speed limit. Its legal to do 50 mph between Dunblane and Inverness, but its 40 mph on single carriageways every where else. The way that the S.N.P. CARRY on we will not do as the English do.

You might like to look at this: theroadtrafficlawyer.com/offences/speeding

Michael Lyon (the firm in the above link) is referred to in this post on pepipoo:

I have taken advice from Michael Lyon who very kindly offered his advice to me.

As a respected lawyer in the field Michael is of the opinion that this route is dead and buried and has been for some time, at least 6 years. He advised me that while some may indeed have had, and continue to have success with this route, it is not due to there being any doubt over the requirements of complying with the NIP. He advises all of his clients against the unsigned route.

He also advised that if I did continue along this path and I was taken to trial for failing to furnish, of which he is certain I would be found guilty, then the courts would take a dim view as they would be aware I was “trying to pull a fast one” and they have the power to implement a discretionary ban for this offence.

If I was at immediate risk of losing my licence then I wouldn’t hesitate to continue as I would have nothing to lose. However, I only have 3pts which expire for totting purposes in July so it would appear stupid to risk my potential to work for the sake of what can be settled now for 3pts.

I’ve had two time-outs in the past thanks to this forum but it’s with a heavy heart I will be bowing out of this one, as much as I was looking forward to the game of cat and mouse!

dbk23:
Also get your self a styles Manuel, that letter will have different languages in it to the trained eye, to the untrained it will be English, but I can assure you it will contain, glossa, Latin, legalese & probably a small amount of old English. No legal document can transgress from one to the other & still hold up under uk law. It works if you have the nous to understand it & more importantly, see it through.

This looks suspiciously like Sov Cit garbage to me

Santa:

dbk23:

This looks suspiciously like Sov Cit garbage to me

Lol, sovereign citizens!! No David giamatra may be quoting bits from it but I’d neither endorse or tell anyone to follow David’s fb group.

This is Copied from the link you posted & any one with a cell will soon understand why he’s said that particular method is outdated.

Aside from representing individuals charged with road traffic offences, Michael Lyon is involved with training Justices of the Peace in relation to the interpretation and application of Scottish driving law, in particular how to approach speeding cases and exceptional hardship proofs.

Enough said!!!

robroy:
The cynic in me can not help thinking that this faliure in Scotland to come into line with the rest of the UK’s HGV speed limits is purely there to catch you out to raise revenue and nothing else but …especially when there are exceptions made when it suits THEM (A9 Perth/Inverness)
It’s been proven elsewhere that 50mph works (although originally I was not sure it would because of the d/heads amongst us)

It’s supposed to be the ‘‘UNITED’’ Kingdom ffs., as much as they want their independence they aint got it, so bring [zb] things into line with the rest of the country

Now I know I’m going to get a effin [zb] storm chucked at me for this off the purists :unamused: , and those who swallow without thinking the official line ■■■■■■■■ on ‘sucking a wine gum affects your judgement’
So I’ll just pre empt with ''Anybody getting behind a wheel ■■■■■■ up deserves all that comes to them., so get that out of the way first eh…but think about it for ONE minute…

The original concept of drink/drive limits on a breathylizer were to stop someone '‘Driving whilst DRUNK’
However, when a guy loses his licence for having a half lager with a meal in Scotland (allegedlly a true event, not sure but go with it ) there is something wrong with a system.

Before those purists I was on about give themselves a coronary/stroke to come back and have a go at me :unamused: …‘‘NO I DON’T drink and drive myself’’ !
If you do something in Scotland they deem illegal you’re nicked, but in the next village 100yds over open border …it’s perfectly legal and you aint, in the same country.
Aka a [zb] joke.

Just the way it is rob. Different lawas in different American states. Do something one side it’s fine, cross the border and your nicked. That’s just life eh? Imagine the same in Europe as well. Do one thing in Spain then they might have a different law in France. I know your going to say yes but Scotland is part of the United Kingdom but if they are allowed to have their own rules on stuff then so be it. Shoot the person who allowed them to be different.

Whit ?..up the hgv speed limit to 50 mph on single carriageways like down south :open_mouth:

next you will want us to start paying bridge tolls and pay for prescriptions again !! :laughing:

nah yer right it is cr*p that we still have to do 40 mph up here but the law is the law :frowning:

Twice?..

No one to blame but yourself.

Put your hands up and pay the money. I agree that ■■■■■ and the rules are antiquated but, having read about avoiding police visits to your house and all the other uncertainties involving the ‘unsigned’ route, I’d just slow down.

dbk23:

ROFLMFAO. Another “free man of the land” ■■■■■■■■ who inevitably spouts that ■■■■■■■■ to end up even more in the crap. You’re talking utter rubbish. Many legal documents have latin phrases used in their origin yet are enforced in english.

Not to worry OP, you’re in good company. With 6 points on his license my mate decided he wanted another 3. Employer had to sack him as his insurers wouldn’t cover someone with more than 6 points and he can’t find anyone who’ll give him a job so instead of having £500+ a week to live on he now has £100.

Conor:

dbk23:

ROFLMFAO. Another “free man of the land” [zb] who inevitably spouts that ■■■■■■■■ to end up even more in the crap. You’re talking utter rubbish. Many legal documents have latin phrases used in their origin yet are enforced in english.

Not to worry OP, you’re in good company. With 6 points on his license my mate decided he wanted another 3. Employer had to sack him as his insurers wouldn’t cover someone with more than 6 points and he can’t find anyone who’ll give him a job so instead of having £500+ a week to live on he now has £100.

Jumping to conclusions Connor, very unlike you!! It’s not Freeman of the land nor legal name fraud or any derivative of those who promote such ■■■■■■ shame you didn’t spend a little time researching instead of being a ■■■■ and jumping on ya keyboard. Never mind global warming will get us before the noose is around our necks!!!

robroy:

It’s supposed to be the ‘‘UNITED’’ Kingdom ffs., as much as they want their independence they aint got it, so bring [zb] things into line with the rest of the country

Now I know I’m going to get a effin [zb] storm chucked at me for this off the purists :unamused: , and those who swallow without thinking the official line ■■■■■■■■ on ‘sucking a wine gum affects your judgement’

Aka a [zb] joke.

It’s obvious that Scotland might as well be given the right to govern itself.While there are plenty of people here calling for the same stupid effectively zero drink drive limits and examples of speed limits being arbitrarily reduced thereby criminalising drivers over night when nothing has changed regarding the road conditions.The logic seems to be that they aren’t nicking enough people with reasonably applied laws so let’s tighten them to ridiculous levels to catch out more for whatever reason.As for the zealots pointing to European drink drive limits they seem to conveniently miss the bit that the penalties there are nothing like as severe,if any,for just being a bit over their silly low alcohol limits.Also,so far,it seems like the Euro speed regime rightly isn’t being as stringently enforced as I’d first thought in that regard either.With better margins over the posted limits seeming to be applied where appropriate.

dbk23:
Jumping to conclusions Connor, very unlike you!! It’s not Freeman of the land nor legal name fraud or any derivative of those who promote such [zb], shame you didn’t spend a little time researching instead of being a ■■■■ and jumping on ya keyboard. Never mind global warming will get us before the noose is around our necks!!!

"No legal document can transgress from one to the other & still hold up under uk law. "

It is complete and utter rubbish. You’re talking complete crap and so is anyone who claims the above. Caveat Emptor is a good example of a latin phrase regularly used and which stands up under UK law. Uberimmei Fidei is another in massive use as it is the principle that covers many contracts, especially insurance. Read court case transcripts and judgements and you’ll find latin phrases used all over the place.

People who make such claims like you have are the ones who almost always without fail prove that they are in fact the ones being a ■■■■.