Caught speeding twice scotland

Bluey Circles:
The Scottish Government must be thinking about the 40mph speed limit - they seem to have commissioned a study into the impact of raising it to 50
Make of it what you will, its pretty extensive, but not very conclusive one way or the other
transport.gov.scot/media/42 … otland.pdf

one interesting finding was; For single carriageway trunk roads (excluding the A9) the free flow speed for HGVs was nearly 2mph faster in Scotland
Scotland averaged 48.2mph, where as England averaged 46.4 mph

Not surprised. I am quite appalled at the standard of hgv speeding in Scotland. On the A9 between Stirling and Perth I would say 80-85% of trucks exceed the 50mph dual carriageway limit.

The Highlands IMO see the worst drivers (not just truck drivers), but most truck drivers are pushing you if you stick to 40mph.

I would be interested in knowing why the Scots didn’t raise the limit. It is very restrictive, though there are some roads where even 40 is too fast like parts of the A82. Raising it to 50 with local slower speeds would be a major help in improving productivity as would some ruddy slip roads like at Broxden from the A9 to the A9 so as not to be stuck at the roundabout!

Major work needs to be done on the M80, M876 and M8 because there is major congestion on these roads and often there is no substitute.