Quick question, be kind

If I took reduced weekly rest last week, can I reduce again this week as long as its all paid back by the 3rd week in one block OR does last week have to be paid back by next week and this week have to be paid back by the week after?

Hope that makes sense, if not:

Week 1: reduced
Week 2: reduced
Week 3: pay back week 1 (or both)
Week 4: pay back week 2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Do what ever you want mate

tommymanc:
Do what ever you want mate

So both ways are ok?

Basic rule of thumb. If you take a reduced weekly rest this week, you must take a full (45 hour) weekly rest next week. There are exceptions, but if you work Monday to Saturday normally then this is how it works.

In any 2 consecutive fixed weeks you need a minimum of 1 full and 1 reduced weekly rest.

Under a certain set of circumstances it is sometimes possible to do 2 reduced on the bounce, but it’s very complicated and can take an lot of working out and you’ll need to know your weekly rests times and dates going back to when you last had at least 69 hours off and that that 69 wasn’t being used to repay any previous compensation.

Unless you really really need to reduce twice on the bounce and are prepared to put the time in to understand and work it out, then it’s best to just stick to reduce every other!

Whenever you reduce you have till the end of the 3rd week after the week you reduced in to pay back, so effectively week 4.

Paying back early doesn’t make any difference to when you can reduce again

There’s not enough information to say whether or not you can legally have another reduced weekly rest period this week.

Generally it’s best to stick to having a regular weekly rest period every second week then you won’t go wrong.

Sent from my mobile.

Cheers guys, I’ll let the boss know I can’t do it. He said there was no pressure to and being a newby I wasn’t too sure if I could [emoji106]