Funny how things work out

Been driving a 7.5t since March for a company transporting their own product. Their season is nearly over so only two days a week and filling in with agency. I have been paid more per hour than any Class 1 job I’ve done. During the course of the season I have changed how they manage the lorry. Driver defects, looked at the various runs and made more efficient.

It’s their product they transport and a majority of it they have to put out to 3rd party transport. They lose control and get frustrated when customers complain about deliveries being late or damaged

Anyway this week they have asked if I will take over the transport and use the next 5 months setting up for next season to deliver more of the product with an extra 7.5t and some Luton’s. Sounds interesting. First thing I stipulated is not to skimp on the drivers. Let’s pay decent money and get some decent drivers. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Make sure they don’t buy
Mitsibushi Canters
Izuzu
Auto Iveco eurocargos (get the Auto daily)
Auto DAF

Get a proper tyre contract

Well done you!

The chance to make a job exactly what you want and also get some cred out of it. These chances don’t come along that often that employers see what you have done and appreciate it

They’ll soon programme you into the management way of thinking :laughing:

Brilliant news P Stoff, great chance to get it running right.

Well done you, and well done to a company who’ve spotted someone with nous and prepared to let you move things forward. :sunglasses:

P Stoff:
Been driving a 7.5t since March for a company transporting their own product. Their season is nearly over so only two days a week and filling in with agency. I have been paid more per hour than any Class 1 job I’ve done. During the course of the season I have changed how they manage the lorry. Driver defects, looked at the various runs and made more efficient.

It’s their product they transport and a majority of it they have to put out to 3rd party transport. They lose control and get frustrated when customers complain about deliveries being late or damaged

Anyway this week they have asked if I will take over the transport and use the next 5 months setting up for next season to deliver more of the product with an extra 7.5t and some Luton’s. Sounds interesting. First thing I stipulated is not to skimp on the drivers. Let’s pay decent money and get some decent drivers. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Well done!
You seem to have worked a miracle and shown a company that an own account fleet is better for their business than 3rd party logistics.

Sounds like a decent company.

Years ago I worked for place delivering there own goods. 2 wagons.me and other driver. Other driver was also of charge routes planning etc. He was there about 10 years since company started. I was there about a year at times his route planning what days stuff gets delivers etc seemed a bit strange to me . Could been better I mentioned it to him.politely didn’t seem.to.listen.
One day had a quiet word with fella that owned the place. Said change a few little things make life easier more efficient.

His response. He knows what he’s doing he’s done it for 10 years no need to change what works.

Yes it worked in a way but could been improved . Some people.just don’t like change if it’s working why change.
Sounds like where you are is one of the few places that listen to there staff

blue estate:
Make sure they don’t buy
Mitsibushi Canters
Izuzu
Auto Iveco eurocargos (get the Auto daily)
Auto DAF

Get a proper tyre contract

I had the dubious pleasure of a Canter for two weeks while my (bosses) Scania was off the road because he did a bridge strike with it. :laughing:

I’d have been a lot happier with a Foden or something. The canter was a horrible, under powered crap heap.