Xpo payroll

According to the local rag XPO have had some issues paying the drivers correctly.

swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news … on-centre/

Knowing what I know about XPO, I’m fairly convinced that paying wages won’t be very high on their to do list.

Issues? You could say that! Afaik the payroll was outsourced to “save money”. What happened after that was that anybody who took a holiday in the next four weeks was paid at a flat rate, no average etc. It has since been rectified, however the money owed since May has not been paid back. Our union is now taking XPO to court for back payment plus interest for it’s members. Oh, non union members will have to sort it out themselves.

XPO took over the transport contract from Wincanton delivering plants to B&Q stores. IMO a bodgit and scarper type of outfit, so paying wages late sounds about right. The plant job went down the pan like a giant turd as soon as they took it over.

Got paid basic at first,after 10-15 emails promising to be paid correctly in 3 days this turned into 2 weeks, finally got my owed money on Thursday.

Couple of drivers got paid £24k but had their £26 night out money deducted.You couldn’t make it up.Still waiting for backdated payrise from January though.

Asked the operations manager what the percentage awarded was,his reply was “excellent question I’ll find out” this was back in March,still not had a reply. :laughing:

Yeah we got a 4% payrise backdated to Jan 1st. Still not seen it yet, but I imagine that it’ll make a handy Christmas bonus!

the maoster:
Yeah we got a 4% payrise backdated to Jan 1st. Still not seen it yet, but I imagine that it’ll make a handy Christmas bonus!

Supposedly being paid in September,but still don’t know what percentage.

the maoster:
Issues? You could say that! Afaik the payroll was outsourced to “save money”. What happened after that was that anybody who took a holiday in the next four weeks was paid at a flat rate, no average etc. It has since been rectified, however the money owed since May has not been paid back. Our union is now taking XPO to court for back payment plus interest for it’s members. Oh, non union members will have to sort it out themselves.

Always join the union.

the maoster:
Our union is now taking XPO to court for back payment plus interest for it’s members. Oh, non union members will have to sort it out themselves.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yep those poor independent thinkers, they’ve really mucked up haven’t they.
I guess they will just have to suffer with waiting ( for free, no legal fees or brainwashing subs ) to see if a judgement is made in favour of the union employees and then use the judgment as basis to demand payment, as set out by said legal judgment, the same judgment that will leave XPO without a leg to stand on and in all likelyhood leave XPO with no option but to make sure all employees are repaid for fear of further legal costs from many separate claims from the non-union staff?
I wonder if they will get the interest too, oh, yep, they will.
I’d love to have been in the room when your union rep was giving it the big one about how you’ll all be looked after and get top deals thanks to the union, I bet he even told you about the interest payment as if was some kind of special thing they were going after when in actual fact it’s standard practice, it’s Bank of England base rate plus a percentage.If you get your win,so will the non union employees, only they get a bit more as they don’t pay subs.
I’m surprised the various local religious leaders don’t come to your workplace, it’s the same system. You pay money every week on a platter to be told how to think and ruled by a leader you will never meet.

FYI, no I wasn’t educated by thatchers system, I do understand what some unions achieved when they were needed etc etc blah blah blah but they are out dated and self serving politically motivated organisations using the easily led to finance them.
That’s why I fully expect the usual drivel about selfish,disrespect and “if we all stick together” manure that happens when someone dares to speak up against unions on here, mostly from those who still haven’t grasped the modern world and prefer to bang on about how it used to be in the good old days :unamused:
I’m off to watch the mighty LUFC, can’t wait to read this topic later. Standard sheep response incoming for me :grimacing:

bobbya:

the maoster:

Always join the union.

Why? It’s a legal judgement that’s been sort, not a negotiation.
Jesus wept :unamused:

Norfolkinclue1:
, can’t wait to read this topic later. Standard sheep response incoming for me :grimacing:

You’ll get no standard sheep response from me fella. You’re a grown up, you have your own opinions and have made your choices. I too am a grown up and my choices are different to yours. I have no problem with that or anybody displaying free will. Crack on and best of luck I say.

Same at our place absolute farce of an outfit , keep waiting for the gates to be padlocked when I turn up , no support , no answers , no clue

robbo99.:
Knowing what I know about XPO, I’m fairly convinced that paying wages won’t be very high on their to do list.

Care to enlighten us ?

Norfolkinclue1:

the maoster:
Our union is now taking XPO to court for back payment plus interest for it’s members. Oh, non union members will have to sort it out themselves.

I guess they will just have to suffer with waiting ( for free, no legal fees or brainwashing subs ) to see if a judgement is made in favour of the union employees and then use the judgment as basis to demand payment, as set out by said legal judgment, the same judgment that will leave XPO without a leg to stand on and in all likelyhood leave XPO with no option but to make sure all employees are repaid for fear of further legal costs from many separate claims from the non-union staff?
I’d love to have been in the room when your union rep was giving it the big one about how you’ll all be looked after and get top deals thanks to the union, I bet he even told you about the interest payment as if was some kind of special thing they were going after when in actual fact it’s standard practice, it’s Bank of England base rate plus a percentage.If you get your win,so will the non union employees, only they get a bit more as they don’t pay subs.
I’m surprised the various local religious leaders don’t come to your workplace, it’s the same system. You pay money every week on a platter to be told how to think and ruled by a leader you will never meet.

FYI, no I wasn’t educated by thatchers system, I do understand what some unions achieved when they were needed etc etc blah blah blah but they are out dated and self serving politically motivated organisations using the easily led to finance them.
That’s why I fully expect the usual drivel about selfish,disrespect and “if we all stick together” manure that happens when someone dares to speak up against unions on here, mostly from those who still haven’t grasped the modern world and prefer to bang on about how it used to be in the good old days :unamused:
I’m off to watch the mighty LUFC, can’t wait to read this topic later. Standard sheep response incoming for me :grimacing:

As Maoster says you’re entitled to your opinion mate, but in my experience and talking to other drivers, on the whole the firms who have strong unions (strong in solidarity as opposed to strong in 70s style militancy btw) have far better terms and conditions, and usually better paid.
From my own personal point of view I know for a fact that my lot would not get away with half the crap that they do if our drivers had a bit more backbone to speak as a single body, if you think that is quote: "manure and drivel’’ well so be it.
You can only speak as you find.
Does your view of your ‘‘modern world’’ equate to bending over and taking it up the Gary?
Ok, so sadly Maybe on reflection then you are right after all, when I look around. :unamused:

Btw…Hope your team did better today than mine did, ■■■■ goal line technology :smiling_imp: another ‘‘modern world’’ thing. :laughing:

the maoster:

Norfolkinclue1:
, can’t wait to read this topic later. Standard sheep response incoming for me :grimacing:

You’ll get no standard sheep response from me fella. You’re a grown up, you have your own opinions and have made your choices. I too am a grown up and my choices are different to yours. I have no problem with that or anybody displaying free will. Crack on and best of luck I say.

+Me

robroy:

Norfolkinclue1:

the maoster:

As Maoster says you’re entitled to your opinion mate, but in my experience and talking to other drivers, on the whole the firms who have strong unions (strong in solidarity as opposed to strong in 70s style militancy btw) have far better terms and conditions, and usually better paid.
From my own personal point of view I know for a fact that my lot would not get away with half the crap that they do if our drivers had a bit more backbone to speak as a single body, if you think that is quote: "manure and drivel’’ well so be it.
Does your view of your ‘‘modern world’’ equate to bending over and taking it up the Gary?
Ok, so sadly Maybe on reflection then you are right after all, when I look around. :unamused:

Btw…Hope your team did better today than mine did, [zb] goal line technology :smiling_imp: another ‘‘modern world’’ thing. :laughing:

Get what you are saying about drivers having more of a backbone, but I don’t believe you need a union to do that, it’s a big issue when drivers don’t even query things they are told to do let alone refuse, but most of these issues arise instantly in my experience and a lot of it is down to middle management, the kind who act as a wall between the top and you and most likely aren’t even really needed. Drivers immediately put themselves on the back foot working for some of the wages you see on here, I’m not referring to XPO as I am not aware of the rates there but if you work for minimum wage when you shouldn’t be then you invite being treated like dirt by some ignorant office gimp.
My view of the modern world was in reference to how much more you can do for yourself and your rights as an employee, the advice and services you have now that didn’t even exist a few decades ago, hence my little rant about this court action.
I do sometimes wonder if people join a union just out of laziness, leave it to someone else to look after them. The only place I ever worked that had a mix of union and none was a terrible place, the union drivers were the most work shy, lazy bullying lot of clowns I have ever seen, if you tried to complain you were met with threats about the union getting involved, that’s not what they should be there for.
That’s only my experience but I know of some horror stories even now, especially from CO-OP Lea Green where things have gone on that those fond of apartheid would have been proud of, told to me by those who work there I might add, but by two people who don’t know each other.
As you and Moaster have said, each to their own I guess.
Driver representation in the work place is a very good thing, but unions as they stand in this day and age, for me, don’t work and never will anymore.

Anyway, more importantly…4-1…marching on :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

1FLEETRENEGADE:

robbo99.:

Care to enlighten us ?

Sure, 2 examples,

On one contract, they have a culture of wriggling and squirming their way out of paying Drivers for a 2 hour driving assessment, the same wriggling and squirming their way out of paying Drivers for 8 hour inductions and expecting Drivers to call in at the drop of a hat to spend 1 to 2 hours filling in forms. again unpaid.

On a different contract where they pay directly to sub contract hauliers, IMO their payment terms are pathetic.

the maoster:

How does “outsourcing” save any money, unless it is by some creative accounting process that pushes down actual driver wages?

…If you’re an XPO driver, then it might be time to start looking for another job… XPO is a yank outfit, and it seems they are into a rather lot of the “re-organization bug” at present. It might be their bigger plan to deal with the post-Brexit ■■■-WTO UK…?

…I can’t see how the American outfits are going to save money though, if they lay off all their £9-£14ph full timer drivers and end up paying £15ph plus via agency - because they can’t get the drivers when demand picks up? :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

I’m wondering if it is high time the moderators did a proper study of WHO pays WHAT (Pay range Lowest (Monday-Friday Early Doors) to Highest (Weekend Nights and Bank Holidays) of various fleet operators around the country - on both Full Time and Agency.
FFS This is the Internet - and we still can’t get any USEFUL INFORMATION that we actually WANT it seems! :frowning:

apartheid:

robroy:

Norfolkinclue1:

the maoster:

Btw…Hope your team did better today than mine did, [zb] goal line technology :smiling_imp: another ‘‘modern world’’ thing. :laughing:

Get what you are saying about drivers having more of a backbone, but I don’t believe you need a union to do that, it’s a big issue when drivers don’t even query things they are told to do let alone refuse, but most of these issues arise instantly in my experience and a lot of it is down to middle management, the kind who act as a wall between the top and you and most likely aren’t even really needed. Drivers immediately put themselves on the back foot working for some of the wages you see on here, I’m not referring to XPO as I am not aware of the rates there but if you work for minimum wage when you shouldn’t be then you invite being treated like dirt by some ignorant office gimp.
My view of the modern world was in reference to how much more you can do for yourself and your rights as an employee, the advice and services you have now that didn’t even exist a few decades ago, hence my little rant about this court action.
I do sometimes wonder if people join a union just out of laziness, leave it to someone else to look after them. The only place I ever worked that had a mix of union and none was a terrible place, the union drivers were the most work shy, lazy bullying lot of clowns I have ever seen, if you tried to complain you were met with threats about the union getting involved, that’s not what they should be there for.
That’s only my experience but I know of some horror stories even now, especially from CO-OP Lea Green where things have gone on that those fond of apartheid would have been proud of, told to me by those who work there I might add, but by two people who don’t know each other.
As you and Moaster have said, each to their own I guess.
Driver representation in the work place is a very good thing, but unions as they stand in this day and age, for me, don’t work and never will anymore.

Anyway, more importantly…4-1…marching on :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

ok Norfolkinclue1 im intrigued now that i work in a place that is fond of apartheid according to your sources. please either reply via PM or post on here what is akin to apartheid.

robbo99.:
On one contract, they have a culture of wriggling and squirming their way out of paying Drivers for a 2 hour driving assessment, the same wriggling and squirming their way out of paying Drivers for 8 hour inductions and expecting Drivers to call in at the drop of a hat to spend 1 to 2 hours filling in forms. again unpaid.

This is correct. It happened at the site where I used to work, although it was still Norbert’s when I first witnessed it.