Sodding Job Hunting

Jesus it’s depressing. I’m currently in a job but I hate it with a passion, so much so that I cleared my cab out last Friday prior to a weeks’ holiday in case I couldn’t be bothered to come back. Anyhow, recently I’ve responded to various job adverts/tip offs etc by the usual ways of emails, ringing, Indeed etc, and have heard nothing. One I rang and told me to collect a form, filled it in and returned it personally the next day and over a month on, nothing. Applied to two more during my holiday, no replies by phone or email.
Have made a call yesterday about an unadvertised job and waiting for a call back.
I wont lower myself to do agency work.

You tried einigs

Muckaway:

I got a text from the agency yesterday offering me £258 for a 10 hour day today so I can see why you wouldn’t lower yourself. :wink:

kr79:
You tried einigs

No mate, I’m trying to avoid tippers altogether. I just don’t have the interest anymore. The roro work pays well and hours are good but work environment is crap, I hate having to help sort the rubbish in the yard and I just can’t get motivated in this job. Never had a job where you’re spoken to like dirt in earshot of other people. I must’ve calmed down because I would never’ve stood for such crap in any other job.

Harry Monk:

Muckaway:

I got a text from the agency yesterday offering me £258 for a 10 hour day today so I can see why you wouldn’t lower yourself. :wink:

Class 1?
If so I don’t have one and I just can’t be bothered to spend money on getting one. I might go back to driving plant, trucks just don’t hokd my interest anymore.

There’s a place in Wantage advertising, on right as you go into town from Oxford. MacDermid??

They were looking for class 1 and 2 last time I looked. Might be worth a call

Hills are always looking, may be a reason for that of course but they are close to A420 roundabout near A338

Is it Tubney or something like that? (Unless that’s where you are planning to leave of course…)

If you don’t mind some advice, stay away from Fresh Direct in Bicester

Have you got a grab ticket Nathan?
I know you were driving one previously-everyone is crying out for decent grab drivers.must be better than ro ro bins?

Muckaway:

Harry Monk:

Muckaway:

Class 1?
If so I don’t have one and I just can’t be bothered to spend money on getting one. I might go back to driving plant, trucks just don’t hokd my interest anymore.

I would go back to plant if you have the tickets, especially as as soon as hs2 kicks of proper the wages are going to go up for everyone.

good_friend:
Hills are always looking, may be a reason for that of course but they are close to A420 roundabout near A338

Is it Tubney or something like that? (Unless that’s where you are planning to leave of course…)

Hills’ money is crap, the job’s alright which is a shame.
What’s happened to Fresh Direct? I did agency nights back in early 2013 and it was alright.

Einig might be worth a shout as he runs a lot of plant my dads retired now but recons its best tipper job he ever had

AWBS ?

Muckaway:

There’s always a point where a driver will eventually do it

Harry Monk:

Muckaway:

I hate agencies and everything they stand for and especially for how they have gone a long way to ■■■■ up this job over the years.
However if I was on my arse looking for work I would use them…and I have done a couple of times.
Where drivers make the mistake is allowing them to ■■■■ them about, instead of standing up to them, as I’m confident you already know Harry.

It worked for me both times and after setting a couple of parameters to be fair we got on well.
So to o/p they can work for you mate, so don’t write them off.

The agencies around here all talk of paying via umbrella or ltd company. If it was a regular job paying paye then I might consider it.

Muckaway:
The agencies around here all talk of paying via umbrella or ltd company. If it was a regular job paying paye then I might consider it.

Again …if drivers just told them to go and ■■■■ themselves, they would have to pay them by fairer methods. :bulb:
Drivers = Own worst enemies.

robroy:
Drivers = Own worst enemies.

I think this when I’m in the yard sorting rubbish. I think “how/why am I doing this job?” Yes the money’s good but to me it’s embarassing, not unlike the P and H drivers that used to shelf stack while being watched by customers

Does anyone think it is easier to pick up a job “form within a job” rather than say, from Agency or even picking up the keys after a long absence?

I mention it, as there seems to be this thing going on I’ve noticed that I’ll call

“Tactical Dismissal”.

It is where you’ve been offered a far better job than the one you’ve got, but they need you to start monday. Current employer won’t have it of course, and insist you work your notice. If you fail to comply, they won’t pay you outstanding monies owed, so no “sickies” or other excuses for “not coming in next week”, which will of course sabotage the new job and kill it in the crib.

So… You engineer a set-up where you can be “sacked on the spot” - thus freeing you up to start work in a new job as soon as you can physically get there!

Who, among “New Employers” gives a toss about things like “References” these days? :bulb:

Muckaway:

good_friend:

Hills’ money is crap, the job’s alright which is a shame.
What’s happened to Fresh Direct? I did agency nights back in early 2013 and it was alright.

MMTM (so it may be wrong) that yet another TM has walked out and now Konrad has left as well so the organisation is even worse than it was, if that’s at all possible.

I liked Konrad but got tired of having to steal pump trucks all the time and they used to send me to Plymouth and then back through Cricket St Thomas which was impossible in less than 15 hours

If you like that sort of thing why not Chef Direct in Didcot? Heard that they are OK

Didcot’s a bit far for me to travel. I would get a car for the right job but I don’t fancy a Didcot daily commute.

Nathan , come and work for me ? removals is a doddle .