M5 Fatal smash

R.I.P, but as this is a truckers forum, Regardless of fault, imagine getting out your cab looking at what was left of this van, doesn’t bare thinking about, wouldn’t be driving again that’s for sure- there’s a chance I wouldnt want to live much longer either. .

birminghammail.co.uk/news/m … h-14969888

Oh Jesus! That is horrific.

Horrifying.
Feel for the fire service who have to try get what’s left of the poor guy out after that.

Hope it was quick for the fellow and he didn’t know about it.

Not sure I’d believe what I was seeing if I was in that position. Definitely wouldn’t get behind the wheel again I don’t think.

Wow. Have no words for that really.

Just my thoughts but I think the moment just before you hit the van would be the worst. Knowing whats going to happen and it being to late to do anything about it.

RIP to the van driver.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Why i always keep my distance from other vehicles whether driving or in trucks vans or cars. rather get there in one piece than never

as bad as it gets for the 1 hit.poor guy but you would hope to be instant.
mr actros better hope he wasnt on the phone or have a driver facing camera.

andy187:
Why i always keep my distance from other vehicles whether driving or in trucks vans or cars. rather get there in one piece than never

Me too. Unfortunately you can’t control someone behind you though, which is why I always stick the hazards on so if someone behind isn’t concentrating they might just wake up to the hazards over the brake lights.

Truly awful condolences to the poor guys family . R.i.p

I was involved with the resurfacing after this.
The van was the ■■■■■■ vehicle for the wide load.
The driver of the wide load obviously in bits as he knew the deceased.
The sixty year old driver of the artic escaped with cuts and bruises even though the boom of the excavator came through the windscreen.
RIP and thoughts with family and friends.

■■■■, that’s bad. RIP

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Tj916:
I was involved with the resurfacing after this.
The van was the ■■■■■■ vehicle for the wide load.
The driver of the wide load obviously in bits as he knew the deceased.
The sixty year old driver of the artic escaped with cuts and bruises even though the boom of the excavator came through the windscreen.
RIP and thoughts with family and friends.

■■■■■■■ horrendous.

Out of interest, what was the chemicals spilt? I assumed diesel at first but then I don’t think it would of required resurfacing work?

I thought maybe the van was carrying ADR but if your saying it was ■■■■■■, maybe not.

I always find things like this put things into perspective when your stuck in traffic, not knowing the reason ahead. Not important that your delayed when families are being put through this ordeal

Truly awful and should be a reminder to everyone driving a large truck how easy you can end up in this type of situation.

Not going to guess on who what how why when as there is little point.

But RIP to the van driver, as said hopefully he knew very little about it.

As much as I criticise the AEBS system on the DAF CFs I drive it should mean something like this doesn’t happen.

This is why if I’m in my car and come to a stop on the motorway I leave a gap and watch the rear view mirror.
RIP to the poor guy in the van.

What the ■■■■ ,RIP, gods speed

If only all the people who jump inbetween trucks in traffic would see this, heart goes out to the driver and his family… imagine seeing that was how you’re dad/son/brother went… jeez :frowning:

yt03:
If only all the people who jump inbetween trucks in traffic would see this, heart goes out to the driver and his family… imagine seeing that was how you’re dad/son/brother went… jeez :frowning:

It was an ■■■■■■ vehicle. But I understand your logic - it still wouldn’t stop plonkers doing idiotic things.

A few shifts ago I had someone slam his brakes on after going up the hard shoulder because I couldn’t let him off a slip road (traffic was to my left). If I’d have been tired, distracted or just as agressive as him It wouldn’t have ended well. If someone had been travelling close behind me then it probably wouldn’t have ended well for them either.

I think the moral of the story is we should all leave bigger gaps. Always wonder why some truck drivers want to travel so close behind other trucks on the motorway. If they are OD’s and trying to save fuel I can kind of get it, but when you are pulling a load for some generic haulier why risk it?

Only one word, why?

Sometimes I think I’m having a bad day and then I see something like this. Poor bugger.