Parcel Force/Royal Mail C+E driving: Good/Bad/Ugly?

Back before I got a HGV licence (or even a Car licence!) - I was employed by RM full time starting in JANUARY.

I would suggest the most meaningful “Long term” jobs prospects then - are those firms that do the same - and take one on in JANUARY.

You know you are not going to be discarded “in january after the Christmas rush” - if you don’t start until Janaury in the first place - right?

What is the current story with the 12 weeks before getting parity pay thing?

If you go straight in at top dollar via agency now, then RM can recruit people for christmas cover later in the year than “the end of September” or whatever.

All I have to get past to get back in there myself - is the managers who had taken a dislike to me for one reason or another.

I don’t want a full time job. I just want the premium pay for whatever hours I do there, regardless of how many shifts per week (if any!) I could end up getting.

If I could, I’d work long shifts on weekends and mondays, and semi-retire! 3x12 hours or even 3x15 hours - I don’t mind. 45 hours per week at £16ph+ would do me, actually… £720 notes, takehome around £600pw for a 3 day week. What’s not-to-like?