You'll kill someone eventually

that’s the women hit on high street , old chap put in hospital , now this , it really is unsafe with Lorries passing through Grantham , someone should act now before we have a fatality , theres no option now other than ban Lorries from the town

Or maybe the offending drivers could pay more attention to what they’re doing.

If they ban lorries from the town then thats one of our depots stuffed given its the other side of the bridge.

Just have a word with the truck driver when you’re back in the yard on Monday too…

Norfolkinclue1:
Just have a word with the truck driver when you’re back in the yard on Monday too…

:smiley: :laughing:

‘we were on our way to a little mix concert’…
lorry driver was just trying to do you a favour,mate :smiley:

If they ban lorrys were you going to buy all your ■■■■,
Love the lorry :open_mouth:

ClassOneHD:

Leave it out mate, their sat navs ‘‘sent them’’ that way, it aint their fault you know.

I managed to get through Grantham and under that bridge with out causing harm to person or property just a couple of days ago. Does no one actually know what height their lorry actually is? It literally takes 2 minutes to check if your not sure, and a measuring tape does t take up that much room in the truck

they might not know on the way in,but they will know well enough on the way out. :open_mouth:

Thankfully nobody hurt, but to say ban lorries from the town is just utter pish. People need to take more care of what they are doing, what they are driving etc, that is what it boils down to. Why ban ALL lorries when it is the minority of ■■■■■■■■ causing the problem?

neilp1982:
Thankfully nobody hurt, but to say ban lorries from the town is just utter pish. People need to take more care of what they are doing, what they are driving etc, that is what it boils down to. Why ban ALL lorries when it is the minority of [zb] causing the problem?

Yeh but that’s the problem, we’re all tarred with the same brush, the d/heads among us with blagged Class 1s drag us all down.

Tangi:
I managed to get through Grantham and under that bridge with out causing harm to person or property just a couple of days ago. Does no one actually know what height their lorry actually is? It literally takes 2 minutes to check if your not sure, and a measuring tape does t take up that much room in the truck

you seem to be experienece in this matter, how would one go about using a type masure to mesure the height of this vechile.

robroy:

ClassOneHD:

Leave it out mate, their sat navs ‘‘sent them’’ that way, it aint their fault you know.

Ahh of course, those pesky sat navs :laughing:

If they can’t see a bridge, then they are hardly going to be able to a see a cyclist.
Ban them!!
Ref the backlash
Don’t worry chaps, I grow my own produce.

tommymanc:

Tangi:

you seem to be experienece in this matter, how would one go about using a type masure to mesure the height of this vechile.

A length of board and a tape measure usually measures anything, either that or climb up and measure down. Where there is a will there will always be a way. If you don’t care it’s easy to come up with excuses not to do anything.

There’s usually a big clue on the front of the trailer, it’s labelled “Overall Height” and it will have some numbers following that. Now here’s the clever part, if you compare those numbers to the numbers posted on a bridge and the numbers on the trailer are lower than the numbers on the bridge, you will be able to proceed without fear of a sudden stop and a face full of steering wheel. It works everytime too, it’s very clever.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I managed to get in and out of Grantham the other week with a delivery to the new cinema site right in the centre of town near Wetherspoon’s the only real issues I had was getting into site as it’ was a tad tight with a 45 foot trailer but what building site isn’t these days … I personally think if more people used there common sense and looked and planned instead of depending on there sat nav / technology where they were going people/ drivers wouldn’t have these issues and incidents yes there’s a lot of low bridges in Grantham but with abit of thought and common sense there avoidable

Grantham is a ■■■■ hole anyhow ban trucks seems like a great idea to me.

Greggo:
I personally think if more people used there common sense and looked and planned instead of depending on there sat nav / technology where they were going people/ drivers wouldn’t have these issues and incidents yes there’s a lot of low bridges in Grantham but with abit of thought and common sense there avoidable

^^^^^^^^
This, everytime. :bulb:

A sad indictment on the job and how it has become, that some ‘‘drivers’’ need to be told this. :unamused:
Once over (ie. pre sat nav days) it was just taken for granted as ‘The done thing’. :bulb: