daf lf 45 2007

has anyone driven one of these? im looking at buying a ex warbertons and would like to know how they are specced. do the have cruise and aircon for instance.

thanks guys.
:grimacing:

Cruise control, almost certainly yes. Aircon? Almost certainly no (and even if it did have it, what’s the likelihood it’ll still be working 11 years down the line…?)

Roymondo:
what’s the likelihood it’ll still be working 11 years down the line…?)

fairly likely. my 22 year old cars still works…

and even if it doesnt, it isnt a complicated beast, id fix it :smiley:

Expect it to be screaming its nuts out at 60MPH and walloping through diesel.

it will likely be a base fleet spec truck, but it should have CC and exhaust retarder/brake. Aircon unlikely, electric mirrors unlikely. cupholders were useless and situated behind handbrake if i remember correctly. They wern’t bad trucks to be honest, but on a 07 plate and 11 years of sustained warburtons hammering give it a good check over first. we used to have 08 plate LFs and they would throw up the odd transmission or engine warning light, adblue light now and again. Find a good one it should be ok. Not sure what size you are after I think most warburtons are 7.5T or 12T plated.

im after a truck to convert in to a race transporter. id like to stay off tacho so id prefer a 7.5 (cheaper to run anyway) but would look at something a bit bigger.

the warbertons one may well get vetoed as he wants too much for it. right at the top of my budget.

im also looking at iveco’s as ive had 2 in the past but like them well enough. id like the ‘newer’ shape cab, need a tail lift (not for getting the car on, will make up ramps for that) and a decent length box body to partition off for a living space.(bed cooker etc) i will also be re-registering it as a motor caravan, so it needs to comply with the rules for that…

in other words i want the holy grail and ive only got £3k to spend.

qwakers:
im after a truck to convert in to a race transporter. id like to stay off tacho so id prefer a 7.5 (cheaper to run anyway) but would look at something a bit bigger.

the warbertons one may well get vetoed as he wants too much for it. right at the top of my budget.

im also looking at iveco’s as ive had 2 in the past but like them well enough. id like the ‘newer’ shape cab, need a tail lift (not for getting the car on, will make up ramps for that) and a decent length box body to partition off for a living space.(bet cooker etc) i will also be reregistering it as a motor caravan, so it needs to comply with the rules for that…

Be lucky to get a decent 4wheel car trailer to tow behind a clapped out ol’ transit for that. :smiley:

im looking at this one at the moment. its got a lot of miles on it but having spoken to the guy i think its in KM.
ebay.co.uk/itm/Iveco-Euroca … 3069381946

biggriffin:

qwakers:

im also looking at iveco’s as ive had 2 in the past but like them well enough. id like the ‘newer’ shape cab, need a tail lift (not for getting the car on, will make up ramps for that) and a decent length box body to partition off for a living space.(bet cooker etc) i will also be reregistering it as a motor caravan, so it needs to comply with the rules for that…

Be lucky to get a decent 4wheel car trailer to tow behind a clapped out ol’ transit for that. :smiley:

[/quote]
youd be surprised.

my last truck cost me less than that and did me fine for 3 years. no problems at all.

Try giving Hoppy a call, he has some library vans and other stuff at the moment. East Yorkshire all council, authority stuff.

thanks ill take a look.

Warburtons keep their veh for 10 years ,some go due to being unecomonical to repair ,It won’t have aircon,some of the bodies have a heater ,though ive never seen one that works …Its finding the good one out of the bad ones …Some have had a few quid spent on them only for something 2 weeks later to fail and they will get rid of it …have seen some go with new tyres ,brakes,disc etc

i ended up putting a deposit on a iveco eurocargo.

more toys, better spec for me and just had new tyres brakes and clutch.

going to pick it up Saturday. wish me luck.!

Ex John Lewi as they sre pretty highly specced

you still need to use tacho in race transporter. It’s not a motorhome

michael7s:
you still need to use tacho in race transporter. It’s not a motorhome

Even if under 7.5T ?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

yes you do if over 7.5ton, not if under. pricate use exemption.

unfortunatly i ended up buying a lf55 15ton :cry:

:laughing: