More Burden for the UK Taxpayer

looks like a handball or self tip job.theyre certainly not on pallets? :confused:

Can’t see a door lock anywhere.

checking.jpg

biggriffin:

Can’t tell from that angle myself. Our truck that brought 18 of the [zb]s in, had locks padlocks, but it makes no odds. If they target you with their welders and locksmiths, the traffickers are going to get people in. There are the people trying to scramble on the back of a truck, you see them in YouTube videos, they have no money. But there are people paying traffickers a lot of money for a guaranteed place in the back of a trailer, and those traffickers make it work.

Worst few months of my business life waiting to find out if the axe was going to fall and take 36 k out of my bank account. Fortunately it didn’t, but it was a long wait to find out.

albion:

biggriffin:

Can’t tell from that angle myself. Our truck that brought 18 of the [zb]s in, had locks padlocks, but it makes no odds. If they target you with their welders and locksmiths, the traffickers are going to get people in. There are the people trying to scramble on the back of a truck, you see them in YouTube videos, they have no money. But there are people paying traffickers a lot of money for a guaranteed place in the back of a trailer, and those traffickers make it work.

Worst few months of my business life waiting to find out if the axe was going to fall and take 36 k out of my bank account. Fortunately it didn’t, but it was a long wait to find out.

Disgusting that the onus is being placed on the operator (and in reality the driver) to secure our borders.

As I think you know I fancy a bit of Euro work - I don’t fancy trying to stop a load of mob-handed people (who could be armed) from getting in a lorry. That’s the polices job - who have training and equipment to do it. Nor do I want to try and evict them from a truck and risk getting a kicking or robbed.

I’d rather they utilised the army at borders to do searches than put the drivers in physically risk, or the operators in financial risk. Haulage companies should be aware and play along - but I’d rather they didn’t absolve themselves of responsibility and place it on people without the skill or equipment to stop it.

But that’s just my opinion.

biggriffin:

I can only see one piccie: that shows a frigo with the doors open so any locking bar would have been removed.

Looking at the pic, and making a few guesses and assumptions (this is TNUK after all) those lying on the verge will be nursing hangovers…?

Howd they get in? As Albion says there are some clever people out there making money from trafficking, just because they are crims doesnt make them thick or cack-handed. The poorer ones get under the chassis or through a tilt roof. Even poor ones get a loan against future earnings don`t they?

sammym:
Disgusting that the onus is being placed on the operator (and in reality the driver) to secure our borders.

The operator/driver is expected to take reasonable care and precautions etc but ISNT expected to be a paramilitary border force. The French ports (those I visit) are well protected with fences, private security and Gendarmes. The French sometimes put army personnel on the ground too. How much of the latter is intended as terrorist prevention I dont know? Doesnt matter as effective against both terror and clandestines. Any driver arriving going to a port who suspects they have a stowaway should tell security straight away, let them deal with it. From my experience all dry trailers are opened at port entry and inspected, any found here are NOT the drivers problem, so long as the trl has some sort of security such as a padlock and TIR cord. OK, that wont stop a determined immigrant, but its following the guidelines and ticking the boxes. No problem for the driver, except maybe ten minutes form filling? No need to be a hero and hook em out yourself.
Want diesel or shopping? Dont stop at area nearest the port on the way in! Ive seen em on the canopies of service stations looking for a soft roof to get in. Determined ones will get in, yes, but dont make it easy for `em!
Sorry, rant over.

Franglais:

biggriffin:

I can only see one piccie: that shows a frigo with the doors open so any locking bar would have been removed.

Looking at the pic, and making a few guesses and assumptions (this is TNUK after all) those lying on the verge will be nursing hangovers…?

Howd they get in? As Albion says there are some clever people out there making money from trafficking, just because they are crims doesnt make them thick or cack-handed. The poorer ones get under the chassis or through a tilt roof. Even poor ones get a loan against future earnings don`t they?

sammym:

The operator/driver is expected to take reasonable care and precautions etc but ISNT expected to be a paramilitary border force. The French ports (those I visit) are well protected with fences, private security and Gendarmes. The French sometimes put army personnel on the ground too. How much of the latter is intended as terrorist prevention I dont know? Doesnt matter as effective against both terror and clandestines. Any driver arriving going to a port who suspects they have a stowaway should tell security straight away, let them deal with it. From my experience all dry trailers are opened at port entry and inspected, any found here are NOT the drivers problem, so long as the trl has some sort of security such as a padlock and TIR cord. OK, that wont stop a determined immigrant, but its following the guidelines and ticking the boxes. No problem for the driver, except maybe ten minutes form filling? No need to be a hero and hook em out yourself.
Want diesel or shopping? Dont stop at area nearest the port on the way in! Ive seen em on the canopies of service stations looking for a soft roof to get in. Determined ones will get in, yes, but dont make it easy for `em!
Sorry, rant over.

CS gas in the back shut door and wait 5 minuets then they come out by their selfs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

colinaki:

Franglais:

biggriffin:

sammym:

Sorry, rant over.

CS gas in the back shut door and wait 5 minuets then they come out by their selfs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which as we know is readily available in a lot of service stations in the forigen, for €10. I would only buy it for personal protection.

I can’t speak with masses of experience, like some of the more ‘grizzly’ members of TN, but have come back that way this year.

I was told if I need to stop, don’t do it within a decent distance of the ferry. Fill up, wee etc at least an hour away and then keep going until in the terminal. Don’t stop unless you really have to

I know a lot of you are more experienced than me but that seemed to work and they did have a look in the lorry and didn’t find anyone so I could breathe then!

It did make me nervous though :blush: :blush:

My incident, the drivers had stopped around a 100 miles from Calais. They were pulling a folding wall trailer. Got up in the. morning, checked the doors were locked, no damage (the trailer was new, on only it’s second trip) and they set off. We presume they were on board at that time. Policy has changed and they now open up the trailer if it’s empty/unsealed.

There was one odd thing , they pulled into Eurotunnel and were told to go through, they didn’t inspect the trailer. Again policy change after the horse has bolted, we would insist that the trailer be opened.

Sammym, I can’t count how many times we must have come through Calais
and we’ve had that trouble once, so I wouldn’t let migrants put you off. Just be hypervigilant, do your checks, fill in your checksheet, take advice from other drivers and you’ll be fine.

albion:
My incident, the drivers had stopped around a 100 miles from Calais

Company i work for running up through France from Italy insists we do not stop once we pass Reims, seems to work, if we need fuel we fill up before then, plus do all the usual like TIR cord/padlock etc… :wink:

RIPPER:

albion:

Company i work for running up through France from Italy insists we do not stop once we pass Reims, seems to work, if we need fuel we fill up before then, plus do all the usual like TIR cord/padlock etc… :wink:

Before long it’ll be don’t stop once north of Orleans :grimacing:

albion:

RIPPER:

albion:

And then it`ll be back to the days of a “one hitter from the frontier”…
“plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose”…
:smiley:

albion:

RIPPER:

albion:

Agree, only good thing about making it to Reims (or La Veuve) is you can make Calais/Eurotunnel in one 4.5 hour drive :smiley:

I suppose we should be proud to live in a country they all risk life and limb to get to and see France as the last ■■■■ hole country to transit on the way to civilisation [emoji23]

RIPPER:

albion:

Agree, only good thing about making it to Reims (or La Veuve) is you can make Calais/Eurotunnel in one 4.5 hour drive :smiley:

4.5 hours…■■?, oh I get it, single manned. 21 hours for us without any of that silly stopping business :laughing:

albion:

RIPPER:

albion:

4.5 hours…■■?, oh I get it, single manned. 21 hours for us without any of that silly stopping business :laughing:

If good truck that legally can start at Vatry airport and reach Calais.