Tachometer print outs?

Quick question
How far can I go back on tacho for a printout

Can I get the info from card when it’s downloaded

After the vehicle I was driving on 17/6/18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Info stays on your card until it is overwritten. Depending on how much stop/start you drive etc therell be months of records on your card. Itll be there.

Edit. It`s a tachograph not a tachometer, which is a rev-counter, by the way. :wink:

Your employer or whoever downloads your card should have a printable record on their system. If you are doing agency work you should have a record of the vehicle you were driving that day and should be able to contact the operator for a download copy.

Aye it was meant to say tachograph

Agency trying to take a days money back
Company I drove for have signed the paperwork but reckon they have no record of me being there!!!

They sent you, company didn’t ring up to say you not arrived, agency not complained you not tirned up at the time… agency got no leg to stand on.

Last time i checked it had at least 6 months but likely much more.

As has been said the data stays on your driver card until it’s overwritten which will usually take several months.

The data will certainly still be on your card from a couple of months ago.

Sent from my mobile.

In driving tomorrow will have a look
Thanks for the replies

Does your card register 28 calendar days or 28 driving days

Sorry but I’m not sure what you mean by register 28 days

Your card holds the records for any days/shifts that it’s used.

When the memory chip is full the records get overwritten with the oldest record being overwritten first.

Sent from my mobile.

I can go back to last year on mine

28 days of activity/information

Dan243:

The regs state you need to keep with you 28 Callander days of records this will show duty and rest to allow the authority’s to ensure the correct rest is taken

Dan243:

At least 28 days of activity (if there are dozens of mode changes every hour). In practice, the records on the card typically go back a year or more…

I’ll have a look in the morning

thanks again lads

Card holds over 6 months. After that time data about your activities is overwritten.
Card in/out times, reg no and mileage stays forever (however that is not printable from tacho).

littlejay:
Card holds over 6 months. After that time data about your activities is overwritten.
Card in/out times, reg no and mileage stays forever (however that is not printable from tacho).

I believe the in/out times, Reg numbers etc are subject to the same over-writing as the activity data - the difference being that as most drivers only change vehicles once or twice a day there is relatively little data to record so the available memory area doesn’t fill up as quickly. In practice this may well mean that in the lifetime of the card no over-writing will be needed.

Oh - and the activity data is also kept until the available space on the card fills up - which may well be a lot longer than 6 months. A multi-drop driver with several dozen activity changes every day will fill the memory on the card much more quickly than his night-trunking colleague.

I download my card every 25 (calender) days.

I have a alarm in my truck (Volvo) that tells me when to download it.

Dan243:
Quick question
How far can I go back on tacho for a printout

Can I get the info from card when it’s downloaded

After the vehicle I was driving on 17/6/18

Hi Dan

When you put the card in first confirm the rest period you have just had and get it into standard recording mode. Push the button with dot and line it will ask if you want to print out 24 hours with todays date flashing. Push the down arrow and it goes back one day at a time. Get to the day you want push ok and do print for that day.

I`ve just read my card and I can go back at least 6 months to see activity.