Waltham Abbey truckstop... Robbing barstewards

First time I have parked here for a long time and never again, £30 ■■■■■■■ quid to park and not even a meal voucher with it :open_mouth: :unamused: When I asked why you don’t get one they said the garage and cafe are separate things now as he’s gave it up.
Absolute joke that you get ■■■■ all after parting with £30 if I’d have known I’d have gone to Thurrock services saying that it still gets rammed in here.

Why didn’t you go to Thurrock then?! :wink:

switchlogic:
Why didn’t you go to Thurrock then?! :wink:

I didn’t realise the price and that you got no voucher until I went around to pay about 30mins after I clocked off.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
First time I have parked here for a long time and never again, £30 [zb] quid to park and not even a meal voucher with it :open_mouth: :unamused: When I asked why you don’t get one they said the garage and cafe are separate things now as he’s gave it up.
Absolute joke that you get [zb] all after parting with £30 if I’d have known I’d have gone to Thurrock services saying that it still gets rammed in here.

Is it coming out of your pocket?

If yes…then you need a new job where your company pays the parking

If no…then why do you give any kind of toss what they charge?

:smiley: :grimacing: :smiley:

DickyNick:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
First time I have parked here for a long time and never again, £30 [zb] quid to park and not even a meal voucher with it :open_mouth: :unamused: When I asked why you don’t get one they said the garage and cafe are separate things now as he’s gave it up.
Absolute joke that you get [zb] all after parting with £30 if I’d have known I’d have gone to Thurrock services saying that it still gets rammed in here.

No it ain’t all parking is paid at this new firm I’m with but considering all places offer you a meal voucher with your parking if you don’t pay on snap I don’t think it’s too much to expect the same here when you are paying (well the company) are paying £30.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

DickyNick:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

No it ain’t all parking is paid at this new firm I’m with but considering all places offer you a meal voucher with your parking if you don’t pay on snap I don’t think it’s too much to expect the same here when you are paying (well the company) are paying £30.

I guess at Waltham abbey or any truck stop so close to London they know they will be at capacity every night no matter how dirty it is and whether they do a meal voucher or not so business sense would say why give something away “free” that they don’t need to. They will be full whether they do or don’t.

I live in France and don’t do the Uk so excuse my ignorance but £30 for parking ! Is that usual ?

DickyNick:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

DickyNick:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

I guess at Waltham abbey or any truck stop so close to London they know they will be at capacity every night no matter how dirty it is and whether they do a meal voucher or not so business sense would say why give something away “free” that they don’t need to. They will be full whether they do or don’t.

Last time I stayed here I’m pretty sure you got a meal voucher for something like £8 and it certainly wasn’t £30 to park…

OwenMoney:
I live in France and don’t do the Uk so excuse my ignorance but £30 for parking ! Is that usual ?

Viva la France :laughing:

Well any routier has free parking with a good meal and wine as in Spain and Italy .Isn’t that the same in the uk ? for £30 ? !! Egon Ronay cuisine all round and a decent rouge at least ? At least a Chateau Lafitte '66 for £30 (and a spot of bird watching for afters- purely as a hobby)

I think the point is that an affordable meal has always been part of the deal for a driver who parks at a certain place, and if Waltham Abbey truck stop aren’t prepared to go along with that, then fair play to the OP if he refuses to park there again.

isn’t Thurrock £37 ? , I’m sure it is , though you do get a £10 meal voucher , I always head to our Dagenham depot and wander across to asda

Its £30 at Thurrock & clacket i believe.And yeah you get a meal voucher with it.But the quality of food is crap compared to jnct 26.Sure last time i was in there it was £26 and a voucher too.But looks like he’s bunged up the price and knocked the voucher on the head.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And thats why i avoid truckstops and service areas.Find a nice spot for food and drinks and then you will be more relaxed and the food will be better.

I did nights out for 30 years but I refuse to do them any more. Even HMRC want a slice of your night-out money nowadays. Where is the incentive in doing them? I guess the powers that be realise that Poles and Lithuanians will put up with being treated like slaves where British drivers won’t.

Always liked the Scran in j26.
But I’m not paying for it on top.

daftvader:
Its £30 at Thurrock & clacket i believe.And yeah you get a meal voucher with it.But the quality of food is crap compared to jnct 26.Sure last time i was in there it was £26 and a voucher too.But looks like he’s bunged up the price and knocked the voucher on the head.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

£35.50 at Thurrock now. And the food isn’t that bad, I go for the fish and chips, you have to wait a bit, as they cook it when you order it, but worth the wait.

Beaconsfield is £30 with no meal voucher these days. It’s an “Extra”, which is ironic as you get ■■■■ all as an added extra lol

Colin_scottish:
And thats why i avoid truckstops and service areas.Find a nice spot for food and drinks and then you will be more relaxed and the food will be better.

Same for me. [emoji6]

Punchy Dan:

OwenMoney:

Viva la France :laughing:

France top grab country.There free parking but for company not free.Thеy grab hundred pound from each truck every day via Tools and give free parking.I cross by car from Calais to Spаin and paid more than 100 each way.Truck in sameway pay more than 200.