Collecting a truck from King's Lynn tomorrow

Just being offered a gig to collect a brand new truck from a DAF dealer in King’s Lynn and then driving it from there up to Ripon :grimacing: :smiley: . The agency will be emailing me the train ticket today.

Okay.

Econ Engineering, new snowplough

Wheel Nut:
Econ Engineering, new snowplough

It’s actually a fridge truck from Ford & Slater DAF. Taking three trains down there, then getting picked up from King’s Lynn station by the sales manager.

Garbo2018:
Just being offered a gig to collect a brand new truck from a DAF dealer in King’s Lynn and then driving it from there up to Ripon :grimacing: :smiley: . The agency will be emailing me the train ticket today.

i remember a agency job for brakes was pick up a unit from Corley services as the driver had been taken ill , after wandering round there was no sign of a unit anywhere , after ring ing and being given the reg no I found the unit connected to a fully loaded tri :unamused: :unamused: , it was meant to be straight back to Grantham but ended up a day round n/w services :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: , I missed the football that day and I made sure they were made aware of that :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiling_imp:
I also had a simple agency run down to Cambridge srvs in a van to recover a driver out of hours , he was to take the van back home and me the lorry back to Newark , again it was fully loaded and needed tipping at the chicken factory at Thorne :unamused: , I finally arrived back at the small yard in Newark to find a dirty great padlock on gate with no key :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: , 2 hrs later bloke turned up moaning I’d got him out of bed :unamused:
But hopefully you agency won’t be a lie ing bunch of ■■■■■■■ like mine were

As much as people knock it, nothing wrong about a little adventure and a break from the norm.

Love doing stuff thats a bit different like this.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I did a recee of the approach to the site in Ripon that I will be delivering the truck to in my car. Looks pretty tight :open_mouth:, especially if I’m given an 18 or 26 tonner. Google Maps’ view of the area is at least 6 years out of date, because they have recently widened the access roads to this new so-called “business park” (just off the A61, NOT the one near Melmerby), and according to Google, it doesn’t exist.

Still, I like a good challenge :stuck_out_tongue:.

as well as the train ticket…i hope they send the fuel money as well…unless the dealer fills it up.

truckyboy:
as well as the train ticket…i hope they send the fuel money as well…unless the dealer fills it up.

Used to move new trucks from dealers. Only ever had a spit full in.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Garbo2018:
I did a recee of the approach to the site in Ripon that I will be delivering the truck to in my car. Looks pretty tight :open_mouth:, especially if I’m given an 18 or 26 tonner. Google Maps’ view of the area is at least 6 years out of date, because they have recently widened the access roads to this new so-called “business park” (just off the A61, NOT the one near Melmerby), and according to Google, it doesn’t exist.

Where are you going @ Ripon … just being nosey :question: :laughing: :laughing:

The Rustler:

Garbo2018:

Where are you going @ Ripon … just being nosey :question: :laughing: :laughing:

Taste Tradition near Hutton Conyers.

Sounds terrible.
I went from Basildon to Epsom the other day and it took about 3 hours 30 minutes.
3 hours 30 minutes to do about 40 miles and not even guaranteed a seat.
It takes just over 2 hours to go London to Paris in a train…

Government wants to do the High speed rail vanity projects but doesn’t want to actually fix the regular trains.
Need to renationalize the railways and modernise them so they are actually fast and efficient. Currently all we are doing is putting plasters on engineering work done over 100+ years ago because tearing down and modernising it is too expensive. Also government wants to remove all cars from the road but wont do the most obvious thing and improve the railways and reduce the cost so it actually becomes a viable alternative. All the government is interested in is putting everyone on bicycles as that will solve the problems on the road as adding more crap to the roads is the answer.

/rant

Seriously though have fun just make sure to hold onto to any valuables.

Edit: seeing as your going from Norfolk to Yorkshire I wouldn’t be surprised if they still use steam operated trains.