This is absolutely bloody disgusting! [Amended]

Police sergeant caught at the wheel four times over the drink-drive limit…

He was handed a prison sentence of 20 weeks suspended for two years.
Despite providing a sample of 149mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath he also avoided a driving ban or having any points added to his licence.
[…]
He is still employed by South Wales Police but is currently on “long-term sickness leave” according to a spokesman for the force.
[…]
He must pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £115.

So not only no ban, points or fine (other than the £200 costs) he’s having a fully paid leave of absence too…

walesonline.co.uk/news/wale … r-14924622

I doubt they’d be so lenient with any of us.

Ok perhaps I should make it clear because apparently some people have the attention span of a goldfish and are unable to read the whole [zb]ing thread!

The Source of this post was taken from Wales Online, they have since CHANGED the information regarding the driving ban, at the time I posted this the information I quoted was a DIRECT QUOTE from Wales Online (with some snip edits of course).

If you read from this post onward you will see that the information was then discovered to have been changed.

Hope that helps all the quick to react but not to read folk out there…

Have a nice day.

Amended Wales Online quote…

He was handed a prison sentence of 20 weeks suspended for two years and was also disqualified from driving for 36 months.

I still believe this is far to lenient though for someone in a position such as his.

One rule for them mate… [emoji34]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Don’t forget his telling off, or maybe not as they’re only considering it!!

South Wales Police has confirmed Jones’ case will now be considered by the force’s professional standards department

Oh and his hard labour !

When he appeared in court Jones was also ordered to carry out 250 hours of unpaid work in the next 12 months

Whoopeee effjng dooo!

Makes you wonder what crap he came out with as “mitigating circumstances”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
Don’t forget his telling off, or maybe not as they’re only considering it!!

South Wales Police has confirmed Jones’ case will now be considered by the force’s professional standards department

Oh and his hard labour !

When he appeared in court Jones was also ordered to carry out 250 hours of unpaid work in the next 12 months

Whoopeee effjng dooo!

Makes you wonder what crap he came out with as “mitigating circumstances”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no mitigating circumstances for that… none at all. I see no excuse at all for this ■■■■ and it’s not because he’s a copper. I’m usually on their side, but this prick and the magistrate/judge need a right good kick up the aris.

It’s just the elites looking after their henchmen.

I mean who is going to keep them safe if/when the general populice revolt.

Get back in line and carry on,sheeple. Nothing to see here.

Those unpaid hours will e spent cleaning his local lodge whilst filling his cake hole with cream cakes, bring on the uprising I say!!

Christ don’t start disrespecting The Police (great band btw) on here, look what happened last time. :neutral_face:
:smiley:

What about this one?

edp24.co.uk/news/crime/dereh … -1-5611467

stuwozere1:
One rule for them mate… [emoji34]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Agreed. :imp:
Maske you effin mad though, innit!

robroy:
Christ don’t start disrespecting The Police (great band btw) on here, look what happened last time. :neutral_face:
:smiley:

Cheers! Must of missed the last one!!

Having your local police refuse to come out after your house has been broken into kinda does dissolve all respect for the Masonic gang, apparently a crime ref number & statement given over the phone is the ‘modern way’.

Cambrian News is reporting that he was banned from driving for three years?

cambrian-news.co.uk/article. … hyear=2018

Do you honestly believe the police are here to catch criminals■■?

We live on a free range tax farm and where the sheep. The police are here to act like sheep dogs to keep you in check and stop you rising up

And the bankers and politicians all make a very good living off the back of your hard work

Your still slaves but instead of being kept in chains your kept in debt

Can’t believe he got dobbed in, must have upset one of his colleagues.

Surely there’s some code whereby the rozzers can break the law and get away with it.

What are the odds of this copper being pulled by a straight one.

Reef:
Police sergeant caught at the wheel four times over the drink-drive limit…

He was handed a prison sentence of 20 weeks suspended for two years.
Despite providing a sample of 149mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath he also avoided a driving ban or having any points added to his licence.
[…]
He is still employed by South Wales Police but is currently on “long-term sickness leave” according to a spokesman for the force.
[…]
He must pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £115.

So not only no ban, points or fine (other than the £200 costs) he’s having a fully paid leave of absence too…

walesonline.co.uk/news/wale … r-14924622

I doubt they’d be so lenient with any of us.

Maybe you missed it, or its since been edited, but the report does state a three year driving ban.

And to be fair, I’ve seen plenty of drink drive and drug driving cases equally as bad which have seen no prison sentence (suspended or otherwise) and shorter bans.

I don’t think there was much leniency here. And whilst he may be ‘suspended’ it does indicate he was already on sick leave for psychological issues prior to the case. He’s now also being investigated bu the Force’s professional standards division for any breach of police regulations or law - both of which could well see further punishment.

el_presidente:
Maybe you missed it, or its since been edited, but the report does state a three year driving ban.

The article has been updated since this thread was started, originally it definitely said the the copper had escaped a driving ban.

3 year ban, suspended sentence and 200+ hours of unpaid work onto of a fine seems more then fair.

Yes he could of been sent to prison but it would of achieved very little and cost the tax payer more and besides he got caught and is a cop I doubt he will do it again.

el_presidente:

adam277:
3 year ban, suspended sentence and 200+ hours of unpaid work onto of a fine seems more then fair.

My original quote was (at the time) correct, as tachograph has confirmed Wales Online have since edited their report…

I wonder if they’ve been told to lie to avoid outcry or whether they just mis-reported it originally, neither would surprise me honestly.

Reef:

el_presidente:

adam277:

My original quote was (at the time) correct, as tachograph has confirmed Wales Online have since edited their report…

I wonder if they’ve been told to lie to avoid outcry or whether they just mis-reported it originally, neither would surprise me honestly.

All sentencing is reported independently via MoJ website - part of our lovely constitution and magna carter etc - all forthcoming hearings/trials are published as are outcomes.

Likely to be sloppy (lazy) reporting.

I can confirm that the article when read on 18th July included this paragraph:

I note that a different Welsh online news site reporting the same case also managed to repeatedly confuse the name of the defending solicitor (O’Connell) with that of the defendant (Jones).

adam277:

Yes he could of been sent to prison but it would of achieved very little and cost the tax payer more and besides he got caught and is a cop I doubt he will do it again.

Wrong. Going to jail would have sent out a message.

Those who get paid by the public to help enforce the law should be beyond reproach. He should also lose his job as he has proven himself unfit to be a police officer.