A1 south (Cromwell)

Been sat here 2 1/2 hrs, allegedly 2 fatalities, anybody know anything. :frowning:

Copy and pasted from Highways agency…

Location : The A1 southbound between the junctions with the A6075 and the A46 . Reason : Road traffic collision. Status : Currently Active. Time To Clear : The event is expected to clear between 17:45 and 18:00 on 18 July 2018. Return To Normal : Normal traffic conditions are expected between 17:45 and 18:00 on 18 July 2018. Lanes Closed : All lanes are closed. Previous Reason : Following an earlier accident involving a vehicle from the opposite carriageway.

That’s all I could find.

More info, traffic was slowing for something, and someone didn’t see the stationary, and didn’t slow down.

They’ve just cut the barrier down, quick decision, only taken 4hrs.

No one is willing to make deecions anymore or take responsibility. That’s the problem.
If there’s a a bad crash incident. That they know won’t be cleared in say 30 mins. Should have plans in place to turn traffic round etc.but I guess it would involve a million phones calls and a risk assessment 1st

Went past about 13:30 ish it was a stalkers artic run in to the back of a Wilkos artic in lane 1 ,the cab was sheeted over ,very sad ,the queues were back for miles and further south by about a good half mile or more there was an artic broken down but strangely the police were measuring the road immediately behind him ,no wrecker in sight .

Punchy Dan:
Went past about 13:30 ish it was a stalkers artic run in to the back of a Wilkos artic in lane 1 ,the cab was sheeted over ,very sad ,the queues were back for miles and further south by about a good half mile or more there was an artic broken down but strangely the police were measuring the road immediately behind him ,no wrecker in sight .

If police measuring and it’s only half mile or so, I’d say has some involvement??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat in this for 4hrs, until crash barrier was removed, I was about 12trucks back from the front, there were no recovery when I went across, the stalkers motor was squarely in the back of the Wilko trailer, am guessing as I’m not a tnuk-csi the skid marks were from Mr Wilko, as other truck wasn’t anywhere near the marks,.

The traffic was queing for a broken down vehicle a bit further down, which is why there was stationary traffic, maybe Wilko wasn’t paying attention, slammed them on, and other didn’t have time to react.

The broken down motor was an artic tipper scania I think .