Nextbase 312Gw dashcam WiFi problem

Anybody got one of these and had problems connecting to your phone ? I don’t think I’m doing anything different to what I’ve always done in the past.

Mine had exact same issue and you’ll find that nothing is actually saving to your memory card on the dash cam itself if you plug it into a pc.
You have to update the firmware…
m.youtube.com/watch?v=heNZ45Yrzhw

xichrisxi:
Mine had exact same issue and you’ll find that nothing is actually saving to your memory card on the dash cam itself if you plug it into a pc.
You have to update the firmware…
m.youtube.com/watch?v=heNZ45Yrzhw

Ok cheers for that .

I’m in the market for a new dash cam for my car. I’ve had a cheapo thing for about a year but it’s crapped out now. Are these nextbase ones worth the money or is there better?

Only ever had Nextbase ones but yeah imo they are worth the money.
Got one in both our cars I like the WiFi capability which means you can download direct from the camera to your phone whilst in the car…it is a bit slow takes a few minutes to download a 3 min clip.
We have both ours hard wired in so comes when when you start the car.
Got my 312GW for £40 off eBay second hand,wife had a 512GW fitted by Halfords think it was £129,I watched them fit it then realised how easy it was so hard wired mine in too.

I’ve hardwired my current one which is the same mini usb plug as all of these dash cams so it’s plug n play for me now.

I did have a Nextbase but it started playing up, losing the date for instance. Phoned them up and was put through the motions to get it up and running again.

But some time later it occurred again. Not having date and place is useless as evidence in an incident so rang them again. Apparently the battery was knackerd and, as it was a sealed unit, couldn’t be replaced so it had to be binned.

I’ve got a Garmin now which is brilliant. :smiley:

I did have a Nextbase but it started playing up, losing the date for instance. Phoned them up and was put through the motions to get it up and running again.

But some time later it occurred again. Not having date and place is useless as evidence in an incident so rang them again. Apparently the battery was knackerd and, as it was a sealed unit, couldn’t be replaced so it had to be binned.

I’ve got a Garmin now which is brilliant. :smiley:

I’ve just ordered a nextbase 312 from amazon. £75 which is a decent price by the looks of it. Being delivered on Saturday, the day I get back from Ibiza [emoji41]