Co-op Castlewood

Hi All

Anyone work/worked here and care to share your experiences?

Job advertised class 1 days, 6am - 2pm, 5 on and 2 off on a rota, £34.5k.

Thanks in advance

Don’t stobarts have something to do with the transport these day , if yes then you can forget any thoughts of 8 hr days that’s for sure :exclamation:

dozy:
Don’t stobarts have something to do with the transport these day , if yes then you can forget any thoughts of 8 hr days that’s for sure :exclamation:

Be home late every Friday :smiley:

dozy:

You might be right, I’ve seen a few Stobart units pulling co-op trailers locally in the last couple of months.

Did a fair bit on agency although their main agency is ADR but assuming they have basically the same conditions then its not a bad job.

I would suggest the 8 hours might be a bit iffy as i usually did around 12 in most cases and sometimes more. It might be better for non agency however.

They have everything timed to the minute but when they ask if you met your times, just say yes and they accept that - no one actually cares. The shops dont have times and dont give a monkeys. Much of the time they dont even know the delivery is coming.

Deliveries are interesting at times since they have lots of small shops in villages so assume you gave to do some moves to get into delivery position. They do give a card with directions, where to park etc. The directions are often only applicable from a certain place so sat nav is essential. As is ability to ignore 7.5T limits.

I’d apply except for the cages which can be stupidly loaded. Eg they fill one with all drinks which weighs an absolute ton instead of half filling with less heavy stuff. Plus they dont always wrap properly.

Some places have docking bays but most is up curbs, up drives, in front of shops (harder than it sounds) etc. It certainly gives a workout.

Re the timing, one thing that messes that up is the times is the wait to unload empty cages at the end of the run (or each run if you do 2). I have seen upto a 2 hour queue waiting for that before refueling and parking up. If you get back early enough however its usually a very short wait.

Overall if you dont mind a workout they are oretty laid back and good money. Oh i should mention roughly habe the artics are manual and half autos. Totally randkm as to what you get. Most rigids are auto.

Regarding stobarts, I think they were trying to get in but didn’t seem to be making any progress. Think they’ll stick with inhouse as shops do need the stuff on time. They might be doing the double deckers however which are non food.

dozy:

You must post…Stobart but not stobart.At store delivery drivers can t work legaly 60-70hours per week.Because not legal use so much POA.

trevHCS:
Did a fair bit on agency although their main agency is ADR but assuming they have basically the same conditions then its not a bad job.

I would suggest the 8 hours might be a bit iffy as i usually did around 12 in most cases and sometimes more. It might be better for non agency however.

They have everything timed to the minute but when they ask if you met your times, just say yes and they accept that - no one actually cares. The shops dont have times and dont give a monkeys. Much of the time they dont even know the delivery is coming.

Deliveries are interesting at times since they have lots of small shops in villages so assume you gave to do some moves to get into delivery position. They do give a card with directions, where to park etc. The directions are often only applicable from a certain place so sat nav is essential. As is ability to ignore 7.5T limits.

Thanks Trev, much appreciated

I’d apply except for the cages which can be stupidly loaded. Eg they fill one with all drinks which weighs an absolute ton instead of half filling with less heavy stuff. Plus they dont always wrap properly.

Some places have docking bays but most is up curbs, up drives, in front of shops (harder than it sounds) etc. It certainly gives a workout.

Re the timing, one thing that messes that up is the times is the wait to unload empty cages at the end of the run (or each run if you do 2). I have seen upto a 2 hour queue waiting for that before refueling and parking up. If you get back early enough however its usually a very short wait.

Overall if you dont mind a workout they are oretty laid back and good money. Oh i should mention roughly habe the artics are manual and half autos. Totally randkm as to what you get. Most rigids are auto.

Regarding stobarts, I think they were trying to get in but didn’t seem to be making any progress. Think they’ll stick with inhouse as shops do need the stuff on time. They might be doing the double deckers however which are non food.

Thanks for that Trev, sounds pretty much like what I do currently.

Castlewood is in house Co-op.

Stobarts only do trunking work from Coventry NDC (at present)

As stated Co-op is convenience stores, so it’s pushing cages, sometimes up to 350kg over uneven surfaces. Most stores don’t have enough staff and will not assist pushing cages.

Also it will put your manoeuvring skills to the test getting into loading areas and car parks, while customers are driving in and out, with small 8m & 11m trailers.

Everything is planned to the minute but as long as you arrive with in 1 hour of planned arrival time your not late.

I did a couple of weeks with Co-op a few years back. Handball from front door to storeroom at rear. I think I did one full size store in two weeks.

dozy:

I’m ok with 12 hours as long as I’m being paid for 12 hours :laughing: