New venture ?

Since when has Stobarts been running ships ■■ :open_mouth:

An entire ocean and these two manage to hit each other?

Right a bit. Bit more. MORE crunch :laughing:

raymundo:
Since when has Stobarts been running ships ■■

For longer than you think…

youtu.be/AEszckM15CA

youtu.be/Hdok8Aa-eH8

youtu.be/iVPDlorDCzU

youtu.be/6PyhBP0U-8Q

Few years ago now a ship sliced through Southend Pier, skipper was at the wheel and was slightly inebriated … think that one may have been Maritime :slight_smile: (edit … Kingsabbey, a crap boat or effluent carrier)

But was it Stobarts or Swifts in the states?

raymundo:
Few years ago now a ship sliced through Southend Pier, skipper was at the wheel and was slightly inebriated … think that one may have been Maritime :slight_smile: (edit … Kingsabbey, a crap boat or effluent carrier)

He was possibly the previous skipper of the Dalriada that sailed between Stranraer and Larne in the early seventies. That ship ran aground at Stranraer and collided with the loading ramp at Larne among other disasters. Skipper used to wander round the ship in a very unsteady state.

Knowing or being related to a couple of the Ferry skippers at Dover I lost count of the tales of the "bumps " the boats have .
Harbour walls , breakwaters , loading bridges , bouys , other boats . They have crews that do nothing but repair the rubbing strakes on the boats .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I remember coming out of Zeebrugge one evening my little girl with me.
She looked a bit alarmed and said ‘‘Daddy that ship seems to be coming towards us’’ I looked and it did look like it was on a course to collide with us and eventually hit us.
I tried to reassure her it was ok, but the ■■■■ thing was getting closer and closer, until the ferry boat seemed to change direction severely and leaned over a bit, a bit too close for my liking.
One (or both) certainly hadn’t seen each other, is it radar or human eye?