Morrisons stockton

Hello all,

I am looking for some info on morrisons class 1. what are they like to work for direct not agency. What’s the hours and pay like etc. Is it a good job? Cheers.

I’ve done there shop deliveries out of Kettering and was a doddle , just reverse on bay , they tip it while you have a breakfast in the subsidied canteen , then drive off ,

Do you know what shift patterns they do or what they roughly earn?

mikeycass87:

No sorry can’t help you there ,just subby for them ( tip there rdc then reload & do a shop )

dozy:

mikeycass87:

No sorry can’t help you there ,just subby for them ( tip there rdc then reload & do a shop )

Pay will be about 32-35k like most of the supermarkets

Shifts all over the place as with all supermarkets. Easy work. Very Boring tedious work. Production line stuff. Job security though, and benefits. Nice people. Write to them…personnel department. You might get lucky. Never did Sainsburys but I’ve done all the rest and Morrison’s is the best I’ve come across.
I did 4 years for them on agency out of Stockton.

cheekymonkey:
Shifts all over the place as with all supermarkets. Easy work. Very Boring tedious work. Production line stuff. Job security though, and benefits. Nice people. Write to them…personnel department. You might get lucky. Never did Sainsburys but I’ve done all the rest and Morrison’s is the best I’ve come across.

Cheers for the info mate… been told shift lengths are around 10-12 hours is that about right? What sort of shift patterns do they do? Plenty of weekends I would imagine? Is that about right £32 k as mentioned above. I take it it wasn’t for you as you would of got on for them permanent?

mikeycass87:

cheekymonkey:

Cheers for the info mate… been told shift lengths are around 10-12 hours is that about right? What sort of shift patterns do they do? Plenty of weekends I would imagine? Is that about right £32 k as mentioned above. I take it it wasn’t for you as you would of got on for them permanent?

Yes, about 32k. I cant remember exceeding about 9.5 hrs, with 8.5hrs being about average. If you get a start youll probably not get great shifts. You have to wait till your preferred shift pattern becomes available. Having said that, if you like 2.00am starts or 6.30p.m. starts youve got it made! I should say its been about 4 years since I was in there. But when delivering in there I still pop into the office and say hello.
Ive stayed on agency now for 11 years due to getting badly treated by a large transport company in 07 I swore I wouldn`t work for anyone again…ever!
Boy can I hold a grudge!! Only 1 year and 10 months to retirement and I will have kept my promise.

…dual post Soz.