I know there's not enough truck stops......BUT!

(Taken from NW Motorway Police twitter feed)

[One way to guarantee a very expensive lunch is to park your HGV in a live lane of a motorway slip road whilst you scoff your butties. MS11 has just come across this exact thing. Driver moved to safer picnic spot and summonsed to court./quote]

I’m amazed people are still daft enough to do this. I know of an OD with a tipper who very often runs his time right up and then stops for a 45 on slip roads, entrance to premises, access roads etc. Just parks up and simply puts his cab bonnet up and switches on his hazard lights (feigning breakdown). Remarkably his truck repairs itself after being on break for 45 minutes.

Muckaway:
I’m amazed people are still daft enough to do this. I know of an OD with a tipper who very often runs his time right up and then stops for a 45 on slip roads, entrance to premises, access roads etc. Just parks up and simply puts his cab bonnet up and switches on his hazard lights (feigning breakdown). Remarkably his truck repairs itself after being on break for 45 minutes.

I was at a busy retail park near me and saw a driver getting a firm b*llocking from a copper whose a mate of mine.
The wagon was stopped 10foot away from the roundabout entrance blocking all the cars getting on to it.

Turns out the OD had hit his 4.5hours and just put the anchors on so he could get his 45 in.

Muckaway:

Guilty as charged :blush:

I used to carry lower body mannequin clad in Hi-Viz strides and a set of my old boots, just to stick under the cab for authenticity :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:
I used to carry lower body mannequin clad in Hi-Viz strides and a set of my old boots, just to stick under the cab for authenticity :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

The real Biffo:
(Taken from NW Motorway Police twitter feed)

[One way to guarantee a very expensive lunch is to park your HGV in a live lane of a motorway slip road whilst you scoff your butties. MS11 has just come across this exact thing. Driver moved to safer picnic spot and summonsed to court./quote]

A picture of said event would’ve been a laugh :smiley:

I don’t Tweet…

Can’t someone who does put the link up?