Filthy wagon

If you turned up to a tramping job to a wagon strewn with rubbish and full of mud and dust would you sling your stuff back in your car and leave or clean it and crack on?

Depends on how bad I needed the money as to whether I did that.

There was a discussion on here once about driver ‘debriefs’, where paperwork and the condition of the lorry was checked at the end of shifts. Many were indignant at this, but it would certainly prevent motors being left in a rough state.

it would depend on the wages,permanent job or limper,and poss the truck also.
apart from the forthcoming keyboard warrior replies that will no doubt be forthcoming,then theres always the option of taking the boss into the cab,showing him its a tip,and negotiating for time to clean plus a tenner for the soap?
possibly he would be unaware that the last driver left it like a skip?
if limper scenario,then id treat it with contempt and walk.

Was just interested in others views, I walked,I get a bit of dust whatever but leaving it like a skip with no ad blue fuel etc it’s bad drills. I certainly wouldn’t leave a wagon like that for the next driver.

Years ago…

On Pawsons. A driver was whinning to anyone that would listen that the lorry he’d be given to tramp in all week as he’d just joined was a shed. He moaned to me, another driver, a group of drivers all having a smoke and quite possibly his wife on the phone too.

He didn’t say a word to the bloke who’d given him the keys to it though.

I’ve thrown the keys back on numerous occaisions because motors were rubbish tips on day/night shifts. Most memorably the Stobrat Skoda I was allocated that had a large bottle of driver tizer in it.

Why should I sit in a pig-sty of someone elses making?

Agreed, I said sumit like I showed him the clip of it. Dint av much to say really he could see it was a state like.

I’d tell them I’m happy to clean it on paid time or else walk away.

I refused to drive one at our place a few weeks ago. Mine was in for service and was given one from our other depot. As soon as I saw the state of it I took the keys back and went home. Turns out another driver was given it after I went home and he did exactly the same. I don’t expect it to be spotless but I draw the line when all the switches, steering wheel, seat and doors are covered in grease and rubbish all over the cab and the unit is only a year old with a regular driver on it. I don’t know how people can work all week like that

dieseldog999:
theres always the option of taking the boss into the cab,showing him its a tip,and negotiating for time to clean plus a tenner for the soap?

I’ve known a few drivers who have returned to their wagons after being on holiday to find it a tip and the boss has paid for them to take it to the local car wash place for a valet when they’ve shown them. Only takes a couple of hours and £20.

Well he said an agency driver must of had it, what difference that makes I don’t know. If I had a company an any driver left a wagon like that they’d be out the ■■■■■■■ door. To many skip rats about.

I was given a wagon with a weeks collection of rubbish along with dirty underwear and socks. I pointed it out to the depot manager but as it wasn’t in his office he wasn’t too bothered.

i had similar…but did work it,then left the regular driver a rude note…this left me with a disciplinary…and the sack…apparently i was supposed to report it to the office…instead the driver took my note there…and the rest has been said.

DaveyCrocket:

No. Effin. way.

ahhh well i’m back to work tomorrow for my old firm, i’ve lost a days money but least i’ve not got scabies. :smiley:

steviespain:

DaveyCrocket:

No. Effin. way.

I just think that it’s not necessarily the company’s fault if a truck is a tip so why not compromise & get paid to clean it? But if that’s beneath you, princess, that’s your choice :sunglasses:

My old unit was mostly mine but may be used at night if I was back early and it didn’t screw my start the next day. It used to annoy not so much the mess as it was never left in a real state, some odd bits of paper is all. But I used to leave it with no trailer and fully fuelled onky to find it in the morning with the fuel not full (hardly empty either in fairness) and left under a double deck trailer so I’d have to drop one trailer before starting. No issue but still a bit annoying.

My new unit is prepped for Europe though so with all the cards, tags and documents in it it basically goes nowhere unless I’m in it which is much better :grimacing:

DaveyCrocket:

steviespain:

DaveyCrocket:

No. Effin. way.

I just think that it’s not necessarily the company’s fault if a truck is a tip so why not compromise & get paid to clean it? But if that’s beneath you, princess, that’s your choice :sunglasses:

I agree with steviespain, why tf should he have to clean up some dirty, ignorant, socially inept 2at’s ■■■■ up after him :smiling_imp: …I wouldn’t either.

Get the firm to send it to a valeter, if it’s going to cost them they’ll ensure it won’t happen again. :bulb:

It makes you wonder what some of these ■■■■ s homes are like. :unamused:
I had the misfortune of having just to move one of these mobile ■■■■ holes across the yard,.and I felt like I needed to take a shower, never mind have to drive it for however long.

As a employer I have my drivers motor shining like new inside and out , that way I can moan at him when it’s dirty , also if I turned up for a job tramping or not I’d expect the lorry to be cleaned through out ,Iam not interested in who’s had before long as they ain’t had bed bugs :open_mouth:

robroy:

DaveyCrocket:

steviespain:

DaveyCrocket:

No. Effin. way.

I agree with steviespain, why tf should he have to clean up some dirty, ignorant, socially inept 2at’s [zb] up after him :smiling_imp: …I wouldn’t either.

Get the firm to send it to a valeter, if it’s going to cost them they’ll ensure it won’t happen again. :bulb:

It makes you wonder what some of these [zb] s homes are like. :unamused:
I had the misfortune of having just to move one of these mobile [zb] holes across the yard,.and I felt like I needed to take a shower, never mind have to drive it for however long.

Obviously the managers at these outfits think that all drivers are filthy, stinking peasants.

I don’t expect a showroom example.
But if i’m presented with a steaming pile of ■■■■ to live in…for the next 5 days,then I’m back out the gate.
"Managers don’t know"is no excuse.
Get a grip on your workforce.