Boughey Distribution

Anyone worked for Bougheys? Im starting there soon and just thought I’d ask for pros & cons? Cheers :sunglasses:

Surely you have left it abit late to start asking questions considering your starting with them :unamused: :unamused:

lolipop:
Surely you have left it abit late to start asking questions considering your starting with them :unamused: :unamused:

There’s always some know it all rolling his eyes when someone asks a question on here. I thought we were meant to be helping each other.
I’ve accepted the job and start soon and I’m looking forward to it as my assessment and interview went well and it seems the sort of place I want to work, all I’m after is a heads up on anything I need to look out for.

DaveyCrocket:

lolipop:

There’s always some know it all rolling his eyes when someone asks a question on here. I thought we were meant to be helping each other.

Sadly forums such as this one and many others give the selfish, ignorant, know it all type’s the opportunity to deride those, such as yourself, that ask perfectly sensible questions. I am glad I am not perfect because I would find it difficult to live with normal people.

Good luck with the new job.

waddy640:

DaveyCrocket:

lolipop:

Sadly forums such as this one and many others give the selfish, ignorant, know it all type’s the opportunity to deride those, such as yourself, that ask perfectly sensible questions. I am glad I am not perfect because I would find it difficult to live with normal people.

I agree with Lollipop though, it’s a bit late to ask after getting the start. Anyone who works there will suggest it’s the best job ever and anyone who left will tell you it’s dog ■■■.

All I can say is that the office erection boy is the most jumped up arrogant little prat with an obsession for H&S

Wheel Nut:

waddy640:

DaveyCrocket:

lolipop:

I agree with Lollipop though, it’s a bit late to ask after getting the start. Anyone who works there will suggest it’s the best job ever and anyone who left will tell you it’s dog ■■■.

All I can say is that the office erection boy is the most jumped up arrogant little prat with an obsession for H&S

Reception not erection

The point is that an interview is not always a nice relaxed time and either questions don’t get asked by the interviewee or answered by the interviewer.

At this point in time the OP still has the opportunity to walk away from the job if they don’t like it.

I will remind you of an earlier thread of mine. [emoji23]

Wheel Nut:
I will remind you of an earlier thread of mine. [emoji23]

Boughey the Vampire Slayer - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

That is the sort of info. people want, helpful answers.

DaveyCrocket:
Anyone worked for Bougheys? Im starting there soon and just thought I’d ask for pros & cons? Cheers :sunglasses:

Would you mind telling me what they’re paying these days??
Hourly rate, night out etc.
I’m just curious as I went for an interview quite some time ago & it was x amount for driving & x amount whilst tipping etc, was wondering if things had changed.

Pros, Money

Cons, required to work for said money.

Pretty much the same for all jobs really

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:

Reception not erection

Ha ha ha, it’s too late now, your sub-conscious has been exposed!

sweet truck haul:

DaveyCrocket:

I’m just curious as I went for an interview quite some time ago & it was x amount for driving & x amount whilst tipping etc, was wondering if things had changed.

You’ll have to ask them, mate. I could tell you but that would instantly invite a deluge of “I wouldn’t get out of bed for that” & “I got more than that in 1967” & “you must be a mug” etc. etc. etc. and all that has been done to death and it’s boring.
Suffice to say they pay more than my current class 2 job, less than most drivers on here (claim that they) earn and the bonuses for fuel efficiency are very good.
Thing is I only passed class 1 four months ago and they’re willing to give me a start and plenty of mentoring and after being turned down by dozens of other firms due to lack of experience I’m happy to go with them. I was just after any useful info to help me fit in from actual or former employees rather than people who’ve had a bad time tipping there, really.

DaveyCrocket:

sweet truck haul:

DaveyCrocket:

You’ll have to ask them, mate. I could tell you but that would instantly invite a deluge of “I wouldn’t get out of bed for that” & “I got more than that in 1967” & “you must be a mug” etc. etc. etc. and all that has been done to death and it’s boring.
Suffice to say they pay more than my current class 2 job, less than most drivers on here (claim that they) earn and the bonuses for fuel efficiency are very good.
Thing is I only passed class 1 four months ago and they’re willing to give me a start and plenty of mentoring and after being turned down by dozens of other firms due to lack of experience I’m happy to go with them. I was just after any useful info to help me fit in from actual or former employees rather than people who’ve had a bad time tipping there, really.

Ok mate, I understand…
PM me if you don’t mind, I was considering applying myself

sweet truck haul:
Ok mate, I understand…

Message sent

I have just read, spotty little irk Danny Earp who was goods in clerk is now operations director now,

DaveyCrocket:

sweet truck haul:
Ok mate, I understand…

Message sent

For some reason it won’t let me reply to pm’s
Thanks for the heads up
Best of luck…

Quick update … been working for em a few weeks now and it’s the best driving job I ever had. Mostly RDC work, lots of sitting around waiting - not for everyone I know but I wanted an easy life and this is it and I have a huge data plan and Netflix. :smiley:
The very best bit for me is that there is no stress from the office. In six or seven weeks they’ve called me once. Just once! You get given your work then left alone to get on with it like a grown up. I love not being hassled.
They’re still recruiting so if you want a clean, easy job with no stress at all get in there.
Cheers everyone :sunglasses:

DaveyCrocket:
Quick update … been working for em a few weeks now and it’s the best driving job I ever had. Mostly RDC work, lots of sitting around waiting - not for everyone I know but I wanted an easy life and this is it and I have a huge data plan and Netflix. :smiley:
The very best bit for me is that there is no stress from the office. In six or seven weeks they’ve called me once. Just once! You get given your work then left alone to get on with it like a grown up. I love not being hassled.
They’re still recruiting so if you want a clean, easy job with no stress at all get in there.
Cheers everyone :sunglasses:

What’s the rates ?

sweet truck haul:

DaveyCrocket:

[/quote7

Must be Norm around that area as Grocontinental pay structure the same.]