Very rare job perks

Got to drop in hove at sports direct gym in hove.
Wagon full of 10 tread mills.ready built About 5 fitters there. Said were off load it all as we have take them apart get them in and upstairs . Got here 8 said come back 11ish…beach is 5 mins walk away. Rare days like this make the job worth while

One of our lads had to take some kit for a trial in a van down to Taranto by the ‘heel’ of Italy, goods had to be there Monday morning and collected Weds afternoon, so may as well stay down there. Being in a van he couldn’t sleep in it, so the poor bar steward had to make do with a hotel, with a swimming pool and expenses.

I never get anything like that. :cry:

I used to get a few perks in my last job .
Hotel stays occasionally, the best was in Denmark in a smart modern hotel full of attractive women at a conference.
Delivering to pop concerts usually meant t shirts , some to keep , AC/DC , Iron maiden , status quo . If it was one direct etc then neices or grandchildren were always grateful.
Doing an exhibition with Fender UK I got the chance to have a play with all the latest musical kit and hear some fabulous players demonstrate the instruments.
I had a fabulous lunch with the staff of the mobile company Lebara , some of the very best Indian food I have ever eaten .
Having an easy going attitude and being helpful does reap rewards with the type of customers we mainly had .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

years ago now but had a regular run taking cannisters of cocacola syrup to the plant in palma…nuff said :slight_smile:

edd1974:
Got to drop in hove at sports direct gym in hove.
Wagon full of 10 tread mills.ready built About 5 fitters there. Said were off load it all as we have take them apart get them in and upstairs . Got here 8 said come back 11ish…beach is 5 mins walk away. Rare days like this make the job worth while

Get on a job like mine on containers,days like that happen regular,

Once got some free multi purpose wipes from Sika Everbuild, Leeds.

And I got half a roll of insulation tape once.

Driving a minibus to pick up ladies on a hen party day out at Royal Ascot.

Scantily clad ladies, in a state of inebriation that just might invite you in for coffee - so make sure you leave the “Best prospect” as “last one to be dropped off” - and not ■■■■ it all up like I did when I had the chance, - and ‘played it wrong’! :blush: :frowning: (I “wrongly” picked a young pretty thing, that ended up puking in the minibus, and me getting home with her only to find she was still living with parents - so no coffee, and no help cleaning up!)

A mate in another minibus did better than I did - by targetting the middle aged woman who could both hold her drink better, and her “I’m up for it” signals - could be taken rather more seriously as a result. I had to put up with the sickening sight of his stupid grin every morning for a week after, whilst I’d fallen into the proverbial “bucket of ■■■■” - only to come out sucking my thumb. :cry:

I had a 6 week tour with the RSC,first day was Paris central to back on the bay of the theatre…and the manager saying…see ya in a week…i went home with the other driver…both on full pay with nights out…for him to phone the firm and ask if they had any spare work.as he was bored… :smiley: got a swift call to say get back out there asap…ha ha…he really was a newbie…ended up using all of his carnet pages before the tour was finished…caused mayhem…and thankfully he was sacked at the end…i refused to help him cos he grassed us up…but flew his girlfriend over…and it was non stop rows… :frowning:

mate of mine landed a job driving merc cars between Ipswich and London. job involved some overnight stays in London ,all paid for. He turned it down! reason being “i cant sleep if its not in my own bed”

I was on for Aspinall Bros in Morecambe. Did removals, general haulage, and sigh van stuff :unamused:

Easter weekend, Thursday, they sent me to London with a full load of rolls of vinyl/lino type stuff.

Tipped the first half no probs, back onto the Old Kent Road and the accelerator cable snaps.
■■■■ loads of traffic, blocking a lane, got some troops to help me push it to the kerb. Went in search of a ironmongers type place. Bought some cable.

Attached said cable to throttle linkage, and attach other end to my hand in the cab.

Did my last lino delivery like that. Not a good day, really.

ANyways, I stopped and phoned home, they said stay there. we´ll send someone out.

They ■■■■■■■ never did. I was parked up, sleeping in the back on steel floors, JUST enough money for food, until Tuesday afternoon.

Perk of the job? I got to see London and stay for a weekend :smiley:

Strange that some see things that are part of the job as perks, ie the firm picking up hotel costs when you’re working and have no accommodation.
Some actual perks I’ve had, chrismas party in a top end hotel, partners included, room paid for and free bar. A lap in a two seater F1 car (passenger sadly). If on an overseas trip you wanted to take holidays after the work was done, they would arrange your flight home on the date that suited you. The best earner though was a sharesave scheme in a FTSE listed company in the early 90s

isaac hunt:
Strange that some see things that are part of the job as perks, ie the firm picking up hotel costs when you’re working and have no accommodation.
Some actual perks I’ve had, chrismas party in a top end hotel, partners included, room paid for and free bar. A lap in a two seater F1 car (passenger sadly). If on an overseas trip you wanted to take holidays after the work was done, they would arrange your flight home on the date that suited you. The best earner though was a sharesave scheme in a FTSE listed company in the early 90s

So. you don’t specify who the some are, I’ll clarify. My reference was to having three days off in the form of a mini holiday. I could have chosen something cheaper, but no, something nice with a pool, no restrictions beyond common sense about taking the van up/down the coast. I’d have liked to be paid for that. My perk is a premier inn when I go to the RHA annual conference, last year was Edgbaston. Edgbaston v Tarantino…let me think…

albion:

isaac hunt:

So.'ve you don’t specify who the some are, I’ll clarify. My reference was to having three days off in the form of a mini holiday. I could have chosen something cheaper, but no, something nice with a pool, no restrictions beyond common sense about taking the van up/down the coast. I’d have liked to be paid for that. My perk is a premier inn when I go to the RHA annual conference, last year was Edgbaston. Edgbaston v Tarantino…let me think…

As someone who lives in Edgbaston, I’ll inform you it’s lovely. :grimacing: :grimacing:

That being said and all - I think staying in a nice hotel is a real perk. My partner has a month in a fancy hotel for her job starting last night - and they are cooking her lovely food for breaky and dinner. I’d love that. I’m having to stay in my room and cook my own stuff. People who don’t think that’s a perk need their head looking at.

Sammy, tell me truthfully, Edgbaston or Taranto Italy? :wink: Catch the boss on a good day and you could take she who is in charge, with you…

Been bought dinner a few times by customers. Nicest was probably at a yacht club (not a snobby one) near Jerez. Was on Saturday so a day off there too.
Many years ago all the wine companies used to hand out a bottle if you were loading there.
Tipping wine/spirit tanks it’s surprising how much is left in the bottom after tipping… or so I’ve been told.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

albion:
Sammy, tell me truthfully, Edgbaston or Taranto Italy? :wink: Catch the boss on a good day and you could take she who is in charge, with you…

Albion - I live in Edgbaston and fancy driving a truck around Europe so I can see the sites whilst sleeping the back of a cab. There is no comparison.

I think that sounds like a sweet deal for your guy - and I’d be well chuffed if I got that.

For my studies/research, I get to go to conferences and talk about my work if it’s good enough. Basically, they put my up in a reasonable hotel and pay for my food and drinks. My boss couldn’t understand why I didn’t want to submit stuff to go to a conference in Manchester which was more prestigious than the one in San Fransisco.

sammym:

albion:

Albion - I live in Edgbaston and fancy driving a truck around Europe so I can see the sites whilst sleeping the back of a cab. There is no comparison.

I think that sounds like a sweet deal for your guy - and I’d be well chuffed if I got that.

For my studies/research, I get to go to conferences and talk about my work if it’s good enough. Basically, they put my up in a reasonable hotel and pay for my food and drinks. My boss couldn’t understand why I didn’t want to submit stuff to go to a conference in Manchester which was more prestigious than the one in San Fransisco.

San Fran, defo beats Manchester!

I’ve been allowed to stay after probation period now and again :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:
I’ve been allowed to stay after probation period now and again :neutral_face:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk