Infringment query

HI all. looking for confirmation why an infringment was raised.
47 min brake taken
followed by
22.03 OW - 13 min
22.16 Break - 17min
22.33 OW - 1.05
23.36 Drove - 3.45
3.23 Break - 32min
3.55 Drive - 52min

Infringment was between 23.38 and 4.47
Was the infringment because there was no driving between the break of 47 and the end of the last drive?

Hope im making sense
Thanks

From 23-36 you drove 4hrs37 without a 45min break.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

hi, im still confused sorry. I took a 47min break, then took another break without doing any driving, is this why the first break of 17 mins didnt count?

jem1997:

Franglais:

hi, im still confused sorry. I took a 47min break, then took another break without doing any driving, is this why the first break of 17 mins didnt count?

First break didn’t count as you hadn’t turned a wheel.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

EddieMD:

jem1997:

Franglais:

First break didn’t count as you hadn’t turned a wheel.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Fab, thats what I thought but needed confirmation. Thank you V Much

Yeah after your 47 minute break if you’d have done 1minute of driving in the time when you were on the 13 minutes other work, then that 17 minutes would have counted towards your next 45. As you did drive, it doesn’t.

As above, to put it simply, you can’t have a break from driving if you haven’t drove. Fell foul of this myself a while ago.

Dcpc working well

volvo keef:
Dcpc working well

+1…

But,the OP might be incredibly good at first aid becasue they took that particular module 5 times.

Yep, you need the tacho to register at least 1 min of driving to take the 1st part of a split break

It could be a case of driving across the yard, been told it would take about 20 minutes to be loaded so you think I’ll have a 15 here then a 30 later to try to get home 15 minutes early…
Only to find out the tacho hadn’t recorded the 25 second drive at all…

If you got a delay in leaving in the morning take her for a quick spin around the yard or twice if it’s a small place until 1 minute is registered then whack her on break for no more than 44 minutes.

ytrehodluap:
It could be a case of driving across the yard, been told it would take about 20 minutes to be loaded so you think I’ll have a 15 here then a 30 later to try to get home 15 minutes early…

That’s one of the “features” of more recent digital tachos - they only record “Driving” in any individual minute if the wheels are actually turning for more than 30 seconds during that minute. The upside to this behaviour though is that you can (briefly) interrupt your break and move the truck a few yards if necessary.

jem1997:
47 min brake taken

Sounds like you were driving too fast…

The-Snowman:

jem1997:
47 min brake taken

Nah - I think he was just being careful to avoid a “harsh braking” event :wink:

Roymondo:

The-Snowman:

jem1997:
47 min brake taken

Nah - I think he was just being careful to avoid a “harsh braking” event :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

Roymondo:

ytrehodluap:

That’s one of the “features” of more recent digital tachos - they only record “Driving” in any individual minute if the wheels are actually turning for more than 30 seconds during that minute. The upside to this behaviour though is that you can (briefly) interrupt your break and move the truck a few yards if necessary.

You used to be able to get away with that! But now if stopped dvsa software will pickup on the movement and you’ll get busted for driving X amount without a 45

stevieboy308:

Roymondo:

ytrehodluap:

You used to be able to get away with that! But now if stopped dvsa software will pickup on the movement and you’ll get busted for driving X amount without a 45

When you work on tippers though you should only takes breaks in queues so it’s great having a tacho that you can move a lorry lengh every so often as by the time you are loaded you having suddenly had a 45 so you can crack on. :wink:

stevieboy308:

Roymondo:

ytrehodluap:

In those circumstances I don’t see how the DVSA could do you for driving over 4.5 hours without a break, the definition of driving time is driving activity that’s recorded automatically or manually by the tachograph.

In other words if the activity is not recorded as driving time on the tachograph then it’s not driving time and if it’s not driving time.

tachograph:

stevieboy308:

Roymondo:

ytrehodluap:

In those circumstances I don’t see how the DVSA could do you for driving over 4.5 hours without a break, the definition of driving time is driving activity that’s recorded automatically or manually by the tachograph.

In other words if the activity is not recorded as driving time on the tachograph then it’s not driving time and if it’s not driving time.

“A break is any period during which a driver may not carry out any driving or any other work and which is used exclusively for recuperation. A break may be taken in a moving vehicle, provided no other work is undertaken.”

You ain’t complying with that though. I had it from the horses mouth, people are getting busted for it