M18 smash 13 July Northbound

Anyone got caught in this yesterday? I think it was between J1 and J2.

Cost me about an hour I suppose. Don’t know if it was one bump or two. From the south a Romanian Merc had rear ended a Royal Mail decker in the n/s lane and then a few yards further on there was either one car or two on the verge. The cab of the Merc looked a bit sick.

At the moment the A1 seems a bit of a sod with two crap journeys northbound hey ho. Almost a relief to get to Scotch Corner.

I past it just minutes after it had happened, the foreigner hit the Royal mail wagon and shunted him into the line of cars in front, the Romanian cab was actually intact , it had just been knocked off the mounts and was sitting sideways, everyone seemed to be walking about, something does need doing though, that que is an accident hotspot on a Friday afternoon

An hour between J1 and 2 on a Friday afternoon during the summer? It would be hard to tell if that was because of an accident or the usual hold ups as everyone who is on the way to their holidays suddenly realises they actually need to be going up the A1 and tries to make it into the well congested L1 for the exit.

I was lucky, missed it by about 10 mins…

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I was even luckier, I was next to Royal Mail wagon in lane 2