2013 MAN TGS 18.440 Oil Pressure & Temp

Hi All,
I have a TGS 18.440 and just wondering if the oil pressure and temp is ok.

At 100km/h the Oil pressure is 6BAR and temp goes up to 110c while not pulling a trailer.

Is that normal? Temp around here at the moment is ~20c~

Cheers,
Nick

bowers340:
Hi All,

At 100km/h the Oil pressure is 6BAR and temp goes up to 110c while not pulling a trailer.

Cheers,
Nick

That oil temp isn’t massively high. You’d be better sticking a load on its back getting it up to temp and seeing what the oil pressure is at idle as oil pressure figures with the engine above idle don’t really tell you much.

AF1:

bowers340:
Hi All,

Cheers,
Nick

That oil temp isn’t massively high. You’d be better sticking a load on its back getting it up to temp and seeing what the oil pressure is at idle as oil pressure figures with the engine above idle don’t really tell you much.

Thanks for the reply
At idle when at high temp the oil pressure is 1.4bar.

Hi All,
So once towing a fully loaded trailer the oil temp went up to 122c, seems vert high to me. Is this normal?

I wouldn’t have said there was a problem here. 110 degrees isn’t excessive for engine oil. My ancient and asthmatic Land Rover will get it hotter than that with a trailer on, so a big turbo diesel is bound to.

Most engine oil will get to 250 degrees before it breaks up.

Darkside:
I wouldn’t have said there was a problem here. 110 degrees isn’t excessive for engine oil. My ancient and asthmatic Land Rover will get it hotter than that with a trailer on, so a big turbo diesel is bound to.

Most engine oil will get to 250 degrees before it breaks up.

I was under the impression that 250F was the breaking point, which is 121c