Volvo V4 cb Ariel

Got a V4 with the 3 Ariel’s on the roof, which one is the CB, and were have Volvo hidden the coax.

Had the blanking plates out under the centre cupboard, nothing, there■■?

Does it have a tv built in? On mine the tv aerial is on the o/s the radio is the front one on the n/s and the dynafleet is the rear aerial on the n/s

That’s a new one to me never heard of lorry having a factory fitted CB ariel . Must be a extra ?

Punchy Dan:
That’s a new one to me never heard of lorry having a factory fitted CB ariel . Must be a extra ?

Volvo FH does as standard, as did my last 2 dafs, the dafs were all wired as well, no hunting a cable.

coiler:
Does it have a tv built in? On mine the tv aerial is on the o/s the radio is the front one on the n/s and the dynafleet is the rear aerial on the n/s

Has the TV pack, thought dynafleet used a little stumpy thing,
Don’t have dynafleet tho.

coiler:

Never heard of a cb with a tv built in it

biggriffin:

coiler:

Has the TV pack, thought dynafleet used a little stumpy thing,
Don’t have dynafleet tho.

If it’s a new V4 they come with dynafleet free for 3 years, have done since 2016. Are all 3 aerials little stumpy rubber things or longer thin ones, depends on the age of the truck.
I don’t spec cb aerials any more as the drivers don’t use them now, but always use to spec them.

Are you sure it’s got a cb aerial?

The V4 doesn’t have a cb aerial. The n/s aerial is the one for the tv, o/s is radio and the one set back is for the I-see cruise control

What’s I-see cruise control

OVLOV JAY:
The V4 doesn’t have a cb aerial. The n/s aerial is the one for the tv, o/s is radio and the one set back is for the I-see cruise control

That make sense now.

Still trying to work out that I-see, doesn’t seem to see the hill at Grantham or Stamford or the moor, but if it’s also linked to dynafleet, then there’s the problem as that’s expired(I think).

I’m assuming it’s connected via the dyna-fleet,

My v4 has ch Ariel on n/s & the plug was behind tachometer just pop blanking plate under tachometer it’ll be at back & the cable is not very long to reach blanking place on left

malcolmgbell:
What’s I-see cruise control

It’s linked to mapping and dynafleet, so it’s supposed to change down before a hill etc

in the pic you see the cb aerial above the passengers side .
coax should be in the compartment above the drivers head - easily acessed by popping out the round light switch / dial. Should also be a 12 volt feed in there as well - sometimes its taped to the coax cable :wink:
the Volvo aerial for the V4 isnt the best . adapter kits are available for about £5 and upgrade the aerial if your wanting a bit of range .

you can see the change of aerial in this pic - click on the pic and zoom in .

beefy4605:

Thanks
will have a rumage on Monday,

beefy4605:

Have you got a part number for that Aerial Beefy.

I’m interested in getting one of those myself.

Geoffo:

beefy4605:

Have you got a part number for that Aerial Beefy.

I’m interested in getting one of those myself.

that aerial is almost 20 years old - I bought it the first year I was driving and it has been on just about every truck I’ve driven . its a Sirio aerial and the lettering /branding on it is in red . I can’t find a similar one anywhere - its either been discontinued or updated. the closest I can find is this one -

but I’m not saying it is exactly the same.
The adapter I used was this one -

Also be aware that the thread size has changed from the older Fh’s to the new FH4’s be very careful buying any aerial thats supossedly for a Volvo - it may fit the older models but not the FH4 - same with the adapter kits - the one I linked to fits and works - two others i bought before it didn’t .

Cheers beefy, look what I’ve found. :smiley:

biggriffin:
0Cheers beefy, look what I’ve found. :smiley:

no problem - happy to help . Was the fitter tidy - did he / she tape the 12 volt lead to the coax ?