Ad-Blue

Are modern day ad-blue systems any more reliable ■■

looks like the weekend has arrived early for some?

SHYTOT:
Are modern day ad-blue systems any more reliable ■■

Than what?

as far as i`m aware…there is no comparison,ad blue is a system devised to stop harmful particles reaching the atmosphere…thereby allowing us to breathe more easily,anyone cheating the system…deserves all they get…as was reported recently where an operator has lost his O licence after a roadside check on one of his vehicles…another rogue operator off the road.

I think he means regarding things like derate issues, regen warnings etc etc.

truckyboy:
as far as i`m aware…there is no comparison,ad blue is a system devised to stop harmful particles reaching the atmosphere…thereby allowing us to breathe more easily,anyone cheating the system…deserves all they get…as was reported recently where an operator has lost his O licence after a roadside check on one of his vehicles…another rogue operator off the road.

And people buy in to that ■■■■,adblue and all the other money spinning ■■■■ the feed use

That’s exactly what I was asking
are modern ad-blue systems more reliable than the early versions

SHYTOT:
That’s exactly what I was asking
are modern ad-blue systems more reliable than the early versions

Can only speak for myself but mine hasn’t caused me any issues.

If it helps, volvo seem to be a lot better. We have 3 2016 FHs and all 3 have had lots of problems with the adblue systems. Mine was the worse one of the 3. We then got 3 2017 FHs and mine hasn’t had a single problem and as far as I’m aware neither have the other 2

Adblue is ■■■■ a wonderful product,no it’s not animal ■■■■ it’s ureas. Releases formaldehyde: According to a study published in 2010, ureas can release formaldehyde, which has been classified as a human carcinogen. In addition, the test found a clear relationship between patch test reactions to formaldehyde-releasers like urea and contact allergy to formaldehyde.

Aside from ALS risk or other nervous system consequences, formaldehyde is a respiratory irritant that causes chest pain, shortness of breath, coughing, and nose and throat irritation, according to the ATSDR. It can also cause cancer, and has been linked to an increased risk of asthma and allergies in kids.

malcolmgbell:
Adblue is ■■■■ a wonderful product,no it’s not animal ■■■■ it’s ureas. Releases formaldehyde: According to a study published in 2010, ureas can release formaldehyde, which has been classified as a human carcinogen. In addition, the test found a clear relationship between patch test reactions to formaldehyde-releasers like urea and contact allergy to formaldehyde.

Aside from ALS risk or other nervous system consequences, formaldehyde is a respiratory irritant that causes chest pain, shortness of breath, coughing, and nose and throat irritation, according to the ATSDR. It can also cause cancer, and has been linked to an increased risk of asthma and allergies in kids.

It’s not all negative though Malcolm, constant exposure to ad blue has apparently improved your written English by a huge margin! :wink:

All these O’licences being revoked for use of cheat devices I think is just being petty. The powers that be don’t like it that people have found a way around a money making con. We were told Euro 5 vehicles were clean and only produced water vapour. Then Euro 6 came out and people still bang on about emissions, it’s all ■■■■■■■■.

malcolmgbell:

Would guess that’s if you drink it or bath in the stuff. Long term exposure to high levels at a guess.

Wow, maybe we could start a class action, and get millions in compo, it must be true I read it on the internet.

the maoster:

malcolmgbell:

It’s not all negative though Malcolm, constant exposure to ad blue has apparently improved your written English by a huge margin! :wink:

Thanks been studying

malcolmgbell:

the maoster:

malcolmgbell:

Thanks been studying

Google is hardly the Open University though is it :laughing:

Muckaway:
All these O’licences being revoked for use of cheat devices I think is just being petty. The powers that be don’t like it that people have found a way around a money making con. We were told Euro 5 vehicles were clean and only produced water vapour. Then Euro 6 came out and people still bang on about emissions, it’s all ■■■■■■■■.

Theres normally more to it then just having the adblue turned of though. The press just pick up on the adblue title. But when you get into it theres more to it then just adblue offences.

Reef:

malcolmgbell:

the maoster:

malcolmgbell:

Thanks been studying

Google is hardly the Open University though is it :laughing:

didn’t say google
youtu.be/g-1vhnEyw-g

On the subject of Adblue what causes the white crystalization around the filler on the unit?

Previous drivers not tightening it up properly?

Leakage or someone overfilled it?

Sand Fisher:
On the subject of Adblue what causes the white crystalization around the filler on the unit?

Previous drivers not tightening it up properly?

Leakage or someone overfilled it?

Too many lacking an ounce of sense and caring less, ie listen for it gurgling in the neck which happens just before the crap spits out the filler, hardly a complicated thing to stop filling at that point, but seems beyond many.

Actros Euro6 does 3500kms on its tank, put Iveco euro6 on same job it does a day 600/700 kms both keep passing mots etc so must be doing what maker intended but huge difference between the units.