Whose coming to Newark Truckfest then!?

Probably going to be swearing at a lot of folk in here asking this and be called a sad ■■■■ by many :laughing:

But whose coming to Newark Truckfest this weekend?

Not sure if its going to be my last show of the year for me or not, If anyone’s coming wants to come grab a beer :sunglasses: Been a long while since I’ve posted on here, Hope to do a little diary soon it’s been a long while since I’ve done one :slight_smile:
IMG_20180622_195106 by jonnytruckfest1, on Flickr

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Truckfest Scotland, 4th August.

I would as its just up the road from me but I’m taking the Mrs away for a romantic break in Bristol , she’s over the moon as romantic weekends arnt really my thing :smiley: :smiley: what she’ll think when I tell her going to see rovers at melksham town on sat is part of it I don’t know , I hope she doesn’t think it was my real reason for the trip down to Bristol :wink:
enjoy your day

That at thirsk ■■? Think you were near us,you all passed us 2 in the shell station on the way

Hang on are these Truckfests actually a thing, I thought it was some sort of windup, truckers going to look at trucks on the weekend would be like the wife who spends her week using the hoover going to ‘Suckfest’, ehhhhh that may not be such a bad thing…

Seriously though can’t make it but would love to go to one someday, have a great time lads and please share lots of pics Jonny. :slight_smile:

dozy:
I would as its just up the road from me but I’m taking the Mrs away for a romantic break in Bristol , she’s over the moon as romantic weekends arnt really my thing :smiley: :smiley: what she’ll think when I tell her going to see rovers at melksham town on sat is part of it I don’t know , I hope she doesn’t think it was my real reason for the trip down to Bristol :wink:
enjoy your day

:laughing: just drink plenty of beer it’ll hurt a bit less when she finds out :laughing:

yorkshire terrier:
That at thirsk ■■? Think you were near us,you all passed us 2 in the shell station on the way

It is mate, was five of us at thirsk only three going this weekend, was a good weekend that :sunglasses:

Dipper_Dave:
Hang on are these Truckfests actually a thing, I thought it was some sort of windup, truckers going to look at trucks on the weekend would be like the wife who spends her week using the hoover going to ‘Suckfest’, ehhhhh that may not be such a bad thing…

Seriously though can’t make it but would love to go to one someday, have a great time lads and please share lots of pics Jonny. :slight_smile:

I’ll get a few pics no doubt and what have you, the shows are decent to catch up with folk and that just have those who take it way too serious sometimes :smiley: all good fun though!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

dozy:
I’m taking the Mrs away for a romantic break in Bristol

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Should only be another couple of hours until the inevitable photo through the windscreen from a layby somewhere on the A1.

Alright, some are going to rip the ■■■■, but serious question with regard to showing at these events.

How do you manage/get around weekly rest? Assuming that you have worked all the previous week and intend to work the following week.

Now you are attending a show, would this not count as social,domestic & pleasure for insurance and not hire & reward as the truck should be insured for under normal circumstances.

AndieHyde:
Alright, some are going to rip the ■■■■, but serious question with regard to showing at these events.

How do you manage/get around weekly rest? Assuming that you have worked all the previous week and intend to work the following week.

Now you are attending a show, would this not count as social,domestic & pleasure for insurance and not hire & reward as the truck should be insured for under normal circumstances.

Just keep it simple! Use the weekend that you are showing as a reduced break (try for at least 24 hours to avoid taking your bling machine for a hoon around the showground) and simply accept that you’ll take the following weekend off as payback.

AndieHyde:

Don’t put card in, give the print out to the boss to sort out.,

Our get to the showground in your available time Friday,then you should get a minimum 24 off, untill you leave Sunday.

Ahhh. I see.
UNDERSTANDING BOSS. And why not, if someone working for me took so much pride in there tools then they should be encouraged and supported.
So treat it like getting weekended in France on the way back from southern europe and good luck to the over zellous “enforcement” trying to build a case for non insurance. Not that it would even flag on ANPR and make them look up from their doughnuts.

Carry on

AndieHyde:
Ahhh. I see.
UNDERSTANDING BOSS.

AndieHyde:
in France on the way back from southern europe and good luck

Yeah, Im cheating by taking those quotes out of context. :smiley: But seriously, if stopped at the roadside, the vehicle shows hours of being driven with no card, and the same driver in charge before and after, how much explanation do you wanna give? Youll need an Understanding Official not an Understanding Boss methinks.