DAF running problems ( strange )

Hi folks I’ll try to keep it short . DAF CF75 18 ton rigid .
2005 reg .
Started as an intermittent fault . Feels as though the filters need changing , loss of power , judders whilst driving . Changed filters . Still the same . This is the odd part ! I now have no rear lights no dash lights and no radio . I’m convinced this is all connected in some way .
Checked all fuses . Cleaned all fuses with air gun and the spray stuff as too the wiring loom thing under bonnet .Changed batteries . DAF have done lots of" tests " and gave me it back apparently fixed . Far from it .
Thought I’d put it out there to see if anyone else has had similar . I’m at a loss .
Any suggestions appreciated . Thank you . Mark .

possibly the wiring loom . DAF’s are know to have problems with the wiring looms - you may have a few wires rubbed through causing an intermittent problem .

+1 for wiring. You’d be forgiven for thinking it had been done by Peugeot or Renault.

What’s the temperature running like ? Are you running at full weight ? Has it a aftermarket euro 4 exhaust filter on that’s blocked ? Some systems have no electric warning when ready for a clean if your not full weight and even though it may not be running hot it’s still very possible it’s ready for a clean out .

Ths may sound stupid, but take a look in your fusebox and there should be some fuses missing, 3 Iirc and if people put fuses in them all sorts of strange warnings can come on, weve had this a few times and have had to resort to sticking silicon in the redundant slots to stop well meaning drivers fitting fuses.

Of course being a daf its most likelt wiring!

Trickydick:
Ths may sound stupid, but take a look in your fusebox and there should be some fuses missing, 3 Iirc and if people put fuses in them all sorts of strange warnings can come on, weve had this a few times and have had to resort to sticking silicon in the redundant slots to stop well meaning drivers fitting fuses.

Of course being a daf its most likelt wiring!

Hi fellas . Thank you all so much for your ideas . I’m new to this site as a cry for help !!
IN response to a few previous questions . It is so random that it makes no difference if loaded or not . The temperature is fine and the eminox thing says all clean but I’ll take that with a pinch of Salt .
I’ll check out the fuse positioning situation .
In the mean time keep the suggestions coming but I get a horrible feeling this is going to be A long drawn out expense fix probably over something silly .
Thanks again all .
Mark .

I’d be looking at the feed to the starter / starter to ecu feed ,strange things happen when these have bad connection ,although normally starting faults and false dash lamp warnings .

Does it feel like the breaks are dragging ?

Had this problem and it was as simple as 2 things

Stones building up under the break peddle or
The rubber mat slipping under the peddle .
If you have mats or carpet fitted take them out and also brush under the front of the break peddle .

nick2008:
Does it feel like the breaks are dragging ?

Had this problem and it was as simple as 2 things

Stones building up under the break peddle or
The rubber mat slipping under the peddle .
If you have mats or carpet fitted take them out and also brush under the front of the break peddle .

I’ve found muck on the floor area and around the exhaust brake button puts them on tick over too .