Been offered a job

Concrete mixer, 8m drum.
7a.m.-5p.m. every other Sat 7-12.
600 quid in the bank every week.

I used a salary calculator to see what the wages are and it works out to 42k a year top line. That sounds alot, to me anyway, for this type of work.
Or, on the other hand, it sounds like a fair wage for a hugely talented, handsome, witty, experienced mixer driver, like myself :laughing:

I know it´s not " Real Driving" :unamused: :wink: but I´ll be able to save up for a visit to Mr Smythe for a C+E.

Guy on the phone sounded legit, they´ve got a few ads out there for various driving jobs, just bought some new wagons apparently.

So, any thoughts? My first thought is to ■■■■■■ his hand off.

It just might be too good to be true. Some concrete work will be weather dependent ,does prolonged rain mean no work? Find out more.

Sounds like it’s through an agency,self employed £600 a week in the bank because you’ll be sorting out your own tax and nat ins.

Rain usually affects the DIY market most.
Big jobs, outside slabs etc, are planned for summer by the pro´s. If they´re doing, say, a warehouse floor, the roof will go up first. Any large pour, over 50 cubic metres of concrete, you can guarantee that the weather has been closely studied for weeks.
That doesn´t mean to say that you don´t get caught out sometimes by a couple of rainy summer days.

And this suggests to me that the wages are after stoppages, where it says “Take home”.

HGV driver required to drive a concrete mixer truck with full training given.
ÂŁ600 + per week min take home Mon - Fri. 7am Start time.
This is a secure long term career position with pension and private health cover after a probation period is served.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience:
driving: 2 years
Licence:
HGV 2, CPC Card. Driver Card.

The ad has been taken down now, mebbe they´ve got someone else. I told em I couldn´t start for another two weeks, he seemed absolutely fine with that. Still…there´s plenty more out there eh :slight_smile:

steviespain:
I used a salary calculator to see what the wages are and it works out to 42k a year top line. That sounds alot, to me anyway, for this type of work.
Or, on the other hand, it sounds like a fair wage for a hugely talented, handsome, witty, experienced mixer driver, like myself :laughing:

If your caculator is wrong or mine is.

salarybot.co.uk/take-home-pay-calculator/

puts it at 31k pa before tax and NI

I see what you´re saying.
Afaik, it´s 600 net a week. I´m going to believe that until I see my first payslip , heheheh.

I used this one to approximate the take home to 610 a week.
netsalarycalculator.co.uk/42000-after-tax/

On the same site, you´re right, 600 a week top line is, indeed, 31k.

Been trying to get my course to speed up delivery of the CPC. No dice. Another 2 weeks in the classroom, one day a week for CPC.
Onwards and upwards eh.

Are you good with a wheelbarrow and helping DIY ers level it :laughing:

Foooooook offffff… :smiley:

I reckon it’s a special London rate so you can afford the rent on enough space to pitch a tent, although you’ll need a bit more to be able to pitch it in one of the more affluent areas.

Well, I have to pull up stumps from where I am right now. Too rich for me.
Gotta head on down to Shelter tomorrow. tell em I´m homeless from the 28th onwards.

The plan is to get em to front the first month deposit and first month rent on my next flat.

I may be sleeping outside next month.

Life´s an adventure eh? :slight_smile:

Doesn’t get much easier than being a mixer driver.

Dogmatix:
Doesn’t get much easier than being a mixer driver.

Suits a lazy effer like me down to the ground :slight_smile:

This just in:
Talked to an employment lawyer.
SHe says that because the ad mentions Sick Pay and Holiday Pay then it´s probably 600 squids in the bank after tax and NI.
But she also said, check to make sure.

Sound advice.