L.E.Jones ruthin north wales

Went for interview with this outfit yesterday, did driving assessment they said we will have to check your references and be in touch tomorrow,so I went away heard nothing late today phoned up and they were unable to verify my refs and asked for different ones then the bloke said because of that they’re a bit concerned they would be giving me the keys to £100,000 truck that might be stolen by me! I thought cheeky ■■■■■■■ accusing someone of being a possible thief who they don’t even know, I’ve been doing this job for 20 years now can’t believe it, avoid these cowboys at all costs.

why didn’t you just give them more reference’s that could be verified . There attitude is more than responsible the theft of a truck could be the least of there problems

chester1:
why didn’t you just give them more reference’s that could be verified . There attitude is more than responsible the theft of a truck could be the least of there problems

If you check L.E. Jones’ track record with the Traffic Commissioner, you’ll soon see that “responsible” isn’t a word normally associated with them. :wink:

Thought you were starting at Pentons?

I am starting at pentons on Monday,just thought I’d give L.E. Jones at try

Just a thought. If you start a new job monday with a company you have already named. Is it a good idea to be slagging someone else off on a public forum?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sidevalve:

chester1:

If you check L.E. Jones’ track record with the Traffic Commissioner, you’ll soon see that “responsible” isn’t a word normally associated with them. :wink:

https://www.commercialmotor.com/news/le-jones-loses-licence-after-tacho-offences

But this isn’t what the original post is about . He called the cowboys because they couldn’t verify HIS credentials . There’s are there for everyone to see :wink:

LE JONES are not the same as they used to be , if I’m not mistaken his daughter took the reigns of the company and runs everything above board , seam to have good kit from what i see about and think the coins alright too. Most pentons wagons i see look like the should of been scrapped when truckworld in thurrock was still about

alexjohnclarke:
LE JONES are not the same as they used to be , if I’m not mistaken his daughter took the reigns of the company and runs everything above board , seam to have good kit from what i see about and think the coins alright too. Most pentons wagons i see look like the should of been scrapped when truckworld in thurrock was still about

Subjective really - Pentons run a mixed fleet; a lot of their older plate wagons stick to the day runs as far as I know. But those older plate wagons are actually in good order.

chester1:

Sidevalve:

chester1:

https://www.commercialmotor.com/news/le-jones-loses-licence-after-tacho-offences

But this isn’t what the original post is about . He called the cowboys because they couldn’t verify HIS credentials . There’s are there for everyone to see :wink:

Speaking from experience, references aren’t always as easy to verify as you’d think.

References are not always easy to get verified.
I got got made redundant when TNT Newsfast closed its Leicester depot
.I did Agency for about three years in Argos and was eventually offered a good job,I supplied the usual references BUT one from TNT was not verified and was going to stop me having a start date.When I contacted TNT Personnel they had no idea if my old Boss was still working for them,even though he was transferred to Wellinborough,and was still there.
I managed to make contact with him eventually at his home,by the end of that week I had my start date,and remained at Argos until I retired 7 years ago.

Im sorry, but what a pointless post. The company cant verify your reference ( which could be due to any number of reasons )… So you slag them off!
Its their duty and responsibility to perform checks, and afterall you will be representing the company. I would say they did the honest thing by asking you to provide more, which lets be fair they could of just either not let you know, or just said no! Im not sure slagging them off was justified.

They insinuated I was a thief and could potentially steal their truck and because of a five year gap in my CV they said for all they know I could have been in prison!!!

Mountford69:
They insinuated I was a thief and could potentially steal their truck and because of a five year gap in my CV they said for all they know I could have been in prison!!!

They insinuated you could be and let’s face it they don’t know you from Adam so I can’t really see what you’re getting upset about.

+1

It would be like passing your car keys to someone walking down the street.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mountford69:

Really? I see it as they gave you an opportunity to “fill in the gaps” in your CV and provide access to someone who could confirm what you have said. When I gave references early this year I made contact with them (the references) first to check that they were happy to act as a reference and that the contact details are up to date.

Why you found that so onerous is strange to me.

I’m not sure who runs LE’s now - the boss passed away a good few years ago, his wife was a director (and she really wore the trousers) but they had no kids. I don’t recognise the names on the O-licences now, I assume it’s been sold or handed across to distant family. But people skills were never their thing, and sounds like that hasn’t changed. Either your face fitted or it didn’t - mine didn’t so I didn’t last long there.