samsung

anyone know of a link my brother sent me,i don’t have a clue how to post from my phone onto here,it’s about Samsung and a new safety device,lorries are fitted with cameras at the front which then transmit a picture behind the trailer of the road ahead,cars can then see if it’s clear to overtake instead of edging out,hgvs can do the same,it is actually quite impressive,and probably will save a lot of lives,wondering how long before it comes to the uk

news.samsung.com/global/the-saf … oad-safety

Not new,quite a few years old…was binned because of the legal implications,imagine the screen freezing on a screen showing a clear road and some unsuspecting car driver carrying a load of orphans & kittens pull out into the path of an oncoming juggernaut.

So in theory if I play a mucky film in front of the camera I can give the people following a mucky cinema trip?

It’s ingenious. Who would want to overtake and miss out on the climax of Dirk Digger? :laughing:

xichrisxi:
Not new,quite a few years old…was binned because of the legal implications,imagine the screen freezing on a screen showing a clear road and some unsuspecting car driver carrying a load of orphans & kittens pull out into the path of an oncoming juggernaut.

I thought it was new,but yeah your right

madmackem:
The Safety Truck Could Revolutionize Road Safety – Samsung Global Newsroom

that’s the bugger,cheers

Not to mention given the state of most trailers on the road, how many companies would want trailers being driven with 4 expensive TV screens glued to the back doors.

Good idea in theory, in practise absolutely useless.

simcor:
Not to mention given the state of most trailers on the road, how many companies would want trailers being driven with 4 expensive TV screens glued to the back doors.

And not only that would seem to only work with trailers with barn doors, how would one do this with a roller door?

tommymanc:

simcor:

And not only that would seem to only work with trailers with barn doors, how would one do this with a roller door?

You can get rid of the doors and replace it with a pull down big screen like you get in the pubs :laughing:

If it works as well as out samsung ‘smart’ tv, I’d be staying behind.