Poor old Bill Brock

I’ve noticed over the past few weeks, in particular during this beautiful warm summer weather, an inordinate number of dead badgers lying in the carriageway in various states of, shall we say, dismemberment.
They are particularly abundant on the A483/A5 between Wrexham and Oswestry
I wonder if it’s the fine dry nighttime weather that’s making them more active, ranging further afield looking for food?
They are magnificent looking beasts, sad to see so many coming to a sticky end on the
Queens’s Highway

Probably killed by farmers or idiots with “hard” dogs and thrown into the road to look Ike road kill :imp:

Good! Bloody TB infested vermin!

Jesus , don’t tell Brian may he will have a heart attack :open_mouth:

largebloke1969:

He’ll have a Sheer Heart Attack!! :smiley:

syramax:
Probably killed by farmers or idiots with “hard” dogs and thrown into the road to look Ike road kill :imp:

I’ve come across this comment before on other forums, but I assure you, if the badger has been killed as a result of baiting then they aren’t going to go to the bother of carrying out and dumping it, frankly there won’t be enough left of it to make it look like road kill.

Farmers won’t be doing that either, they have far more important things to do then dump badgers by the roadside.

Having been raised in rural Herefordshire, I’ve seen my fair share of road kill, wild kills, and forced kills (baiting etc)

The bottom line is, animals are generally stupid when it comes to the human input in the world, they don’t know it’s a road, they don’t know it’s a vehicle, they don’t know that they will most likely get hit by one eventually.

Darktower:

largebloke1969:

He’ll have a Sheer Heart Attack!! :smiley:

Boom tish :smiley: If the deaths carry on I’m sure they will make the news of the world :open_mouth: il get my coat

Reef:
Good! Bloody TB infested vermin!

Usual kind of I’ll informed comment,the reason badgers,and to a similar extent fox’s are so badly maligned?Because they are two of the few creatures who exist in nature that humans have no use for,they play there part in nature,but as no use to us for food or pets are easy prey perhaps industrial food substitute producers would be better labelled as vermin

You see more dead badgers in hot weather because they are looking for water…hedgehogs too.

We’ve got a low dish of water outside our house to help them.