Amazon Daventry-Any tips?

Hi all, looking for advice/info. I’m new to the job. I’ve got a run up to Amazon, Daventry first thing Monday morning… Do they make u wait or is it usually a quick turnaround? Any tips/advice would be welcome. Cheers in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adt1967:
Hi all, looking for advice/info. I’m new to the job. I’ve got a run up to Amazon, Daventry first thing Monday morning… Do they make u wait or is it usually a quick turnaround? Any tips/advice would be welcome. Cheers in advance.

which amazon?

there are 2… 1st one is amazon’s own DC
then XPO (old argos) next door.
With me it’s usually live load and away by time on paperwork (or before)

Don’t mind waiting around though, it’s only load I’ve got. Cheers

Top Tip would be get in that time machine and beg your high school self to do well

As Andy says there’s two next door to each other so you need to make sure you get the right one. If it’s the old one watch out getting on the bays I’ve seen no end of trucks reversing into the sides of other trucks or the supporting pillars…

Many thanks all.

The main Amazon building is Amazon BHX3, the XPO building is Amazon XUKD so check your paperwork if it gives any clues to which building.

I haven’t had any problems at either, both seem quite quiet, if your collecting then you won’t be gone before your departure time that they set. Delivering, it wouldn’t hurt to turn up about an hour early. They’ll probably get you on a bay then, any earlier than that, give it a go, the worst they can do is ask you to park up round the corner.

adt1967:

I was at the XPO depot next door (if you’re told Norbert Dentressangle, XPO bought them out a couple of years ago) last Friday. Your sat-nav might not have the postcode (mine doesn’t despite being recently updated) so both Amazon and XPO are at the top of Royal Oak Way North, north of the junction with Prospect Way. If you’re coming up the A45 from Northampton, turn left into Royal Oak Way South; ignore the instruction to carry on up the A45.

If you’re coming down to London (e.g. Weybridge) afterwards, consider heading for the M40, not the M1. Take the A361 to Banbury; ignore the signs pointing trucks down the A43, that involves going to Weedon on the A45 and then heading down the A5. There are no weight or height restrictions on that part of the A361, but a few little villages with sharp bends.

I was live-loaded and it took about 50 mins but sometimes they swap and sometimes they live-load, both at Amazon and XPO.

IndigoJo:

adt1967:

I was at the XPO depot next door (if you’re told Norbert Dentressangle, XPO bought them out a couple of years ago) last Friday. Your sat-nav might not have the postcode (mine doesn’t despite being recently updated) so both Amazon and XPO are at the top of Royal Oak Way North, north of the junction with Prospect Way. If you’re coming up the A45 from Northampton, turn left into Royal Oak Way South; ignore the instruction to carry on up the A45.

If you’re coming down to London (e.g. Weybridge) afterwards, consider heading for the M40, not the M1. Take the A361 to Banbury; ignore the signs pointing trucks down the A43, that involves going to Weedon on the A45 and then heading down the A5. There are no weight or height restrictions on that part of the A361, but a few little villages with sharp bends.

I was live-loaded and it took about 50 mins but sometimes they swap and sometimes they live-load, both at Amazon and XPO.

An alternative is the A425 to Southam then A423 to Banbury. Bring a you to same junction of M40, no cruddy villages or speed cameras either

toonsy:
An alternative is the A425 to Southam then A423 to Banbury. Bring a you to same junction of M40, no cruddy villages or speed cameras either

I did think of going that way (big advantage being the Shell garage at Southam with shop, loo, coffee machine etc) but it’s longer and it takes you through the outskirts of Banbury rather than straight to J11.

IndigoJo:

toonsy:

I did think of going that way (big advantage being the Shell garage at Southam with shop, loo, coffee machine etc) but it’s longer and it takes you through the outskirts of Banbury rather than straight to J11.

Sound that’s one less vehicle using my hideyhole layby :laughing: