Coolboxes

It seems I let the smoke genie out of my coolbox (a mobicool T35 35ltr) and killed it on Friday, after taking it apart there’s a couple of capacitors in the PCB in the lid where the LEDs and plugs are that have gone bang, so I’m in the market for a new one.
I’m not sure if I could use a new one enough to warrant a compressor type coolbox with freezing capacity, as I’m only doing 1-2 nights a week, I only need a new box to keep milk, dairy and sandwiches fresh, and I don’t tend cook in the cab, nor am I carrying a microwave oven atm. So I’m looking for recommendations for 12/24v inc 240v boxes

this one■■?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Halfords-40- … rmvSB=true

aldi.co.uk/thermoelectric-c … 9220314000

They had them in when I was in the local one earlier.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

halfords.com/webapp/wcs/sto … reId=10001

biggriffin:
https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165657&productId=1330474&storeId=10001

Same as one i linked to biggriffin :unamused: :unamused:

El Deano:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/thermoelectric-coolbox-blue/p/096219220314000

They had them in when I was in the local one earlier.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I bought one of them 3 years ago, never had a problem with it

Just bought another one, purely for when the inevitable day comes, and the 3 year old one packs up

The aldi one is labelled as Advemturidge, but, it is made by Waeco Mobicool, and, it’s only half the price of the Waeco badged model

I have one of these, I know this is a Walmart site in the add but you can buy them in the UK, I have tried a couple of others but have returned to buying this model, I find it’s very good.

walmart.com/ip/Coleman-40-Q … r/21156022

A cool box Pat? Surely Foodliner’s number one driver deserves a fitted fridge in his truck?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input gents
A guy who I contacted via a local Facebook group is going to have a look at my busted coolbox next weekend to see if the pc can be repaired, meanwhile I’ve bought myself an Aldi special, which as been pointed out is made by the same firm as waeco

peirre:
A guy who I contacted via a local Facebook group is going to have a look at my busted coolbox next weekend to see if the pc can be repaired, meanwhile I’ve bought myself an Aldi special, which as been pointed out is made by the same firm as waeco

Was just going to say I seen one in Aldi yesterday that looked decent. Cost about £120 If I recall?

peirre:

Cant go wrong with Waeco I’ve got a Mobicool 40ltr compressor fridge that only cost me £150 and was nearly new :grimacing:

newmercman:
A cool box Pat? Surely Foodliner’s number one driver deserves a fitted fridge in his truck?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have a fridge that fits in the lower cupboard on the right side, the door to the cupboard has to be removed, I am definitely not the top driver LOL.

I bought one of Halfords 14 litre powered cool boxes a couple of months ago. Can’t fault it so far. It’s plenty big enough unless you’re going to be away an awful lot. It doesn’t have temp control though and is set to chill to 18deg below ambient. Milk keeps all week no problem. Think it was around £45, but if you want a mains lead with it it’s another fifteen smackers, which I passed over.

Tesco £60.

Just been Ebay -d a Waeco Mobicool W40 Ac/Dc 12/24/230v 39L fridge - 120E plus 30 E delivery to France (35E to the UK) BUT is it any good ?
My Actros only has 24v sockets and so I don’t like to plug my current 12V fridge in.
Opinions Please

OwenMoney:
Just been Ebay -d a Waeco Mobicool W40 Ac/Dc 12/24/230v 39L fridge - 120E plus 30 E delivery to France (35E to the UK) BUT is it any good ?
My Actros only has 24v sockets and so I don’t like to plug my current 12V fridge in.
Opinions Please

A bit obtuse but if you have an inverter run it via the 240/220v plug

I have considered it , but as I pull a class 2 LNG tanker don’t want to risk an inverter or the plugs overheating . Fire is not my friend and if I plug a 12v into the 24v socket…and that overheats it could be messy

Ive got a Mobicool fr40 compressor fridge that I got for a bargain price on Fleabay £150 nearly new , they retail for £400 ish Uk
ebay.co.uk/itm/MOBICOOL-FR4 … m570.l1313

blue estate:
Ive got a Mobicool fr40 compressor fridge that I got for a bargain price on Fleabay £150 nearly new , they retail for £400 ish Uk

£150? You lucky bast###

I bet it works good, but 400 is too much for me

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bino10:

blue estate:

£150? You lucky bast###

I bet it works good, but 400 is too much for me

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yep those cans of coke are nice at 4c :grimacing: stays plugged in all week no battery problems at all