Howdens bridge strike today

Stolen from elsewhere
Do we know the Driver ?, but hell it was a good effort to clear a way through.

Please tell me this was a certain red brick university BEng (Hons) Electronics Engineering degree qualified agency driver?? ? ? ? ?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Trailer with a sunroof!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Must be photoshopped! Someone will be along shortly to tell us that they are the premier haulage Co nationwide with an impeccable safety record (apart from killing the odd forkie that is) and any driver not working for them is a knuckle dragging Neanderthal.

10/10 for effort, it’s all the way through.
In a weird way I admire that kinda perseverance it must take a special kind of person to fully commit to that.

I can’t make out the bridge height marker clearly but looks like 15’3”
Are their trailers higher than that? I see them about a fair bit and don’t recall them looking all that tall.

the maoster:
Must be photoshopped! Someone will be along shortly to tell us that they are the premier haulage Co nationwide with an impeccable safety record (apart from killing the odd forkie that is) and any driver not working for them is a knuckle dragging Neanderthal.

That said, Conor hasn’t posted yet… :laughing: :wink:

nomiS36:
Are their trailers higher than that? I see them about a fair bit and don’t recall them looking all that tall.

I thought that at first but it’s 4.6m which is 15" 1" like they say 10/10 for getting all the way through.

Rob K:
Please tell me this was a certain red brick university BEng (Hons) Electronics Engineering degree qualified agency driver?? ? ? ? ?

Well it would be lucky if it was because the emergency services, structural engineers and other associated professionals involved in the mopping up of a situation such as this would all at least have someone to guide them and tell them how to do everything correctly :laughing:

Rob K:

If it was theres not a snowballs chance in hell he’ll admit it.
This would never fit in with his trucking god, expert at everything and better than everyone else persona! :laughing:

As they have got through the bridge they would have still made the boat :laughing:

3 wheeler:
0Stolen from elsewhere
Do we know the Driver ?, but hell it was a good effort to clear a way through.

Bloody hell. BRV is a Bellshill motor or was. Driven that girl.

nomiS36:

The standard is 4.2m except the TB Tall Boy trailers.

Rob K:

My thoughts, 16’2’’ into 15’ [emoji23]

I was told it was Wincantons

moomooland:

nomiS36:

I thought that at first but it’s 4.1m which is 13" 5" like they say 10/10 for getting all the way through.

To me, the sign looks like 155" which should be 4.8m or thereabouts? Not very clear in the piccie Id agree.

Wheel Nut:
I was told it was Wincantons

Yeah Bellshill is Wincanton subby but Howdens supply them units which is why there’s a Howdens unit on the front. It was one of a handful of 16ft 3in trailers there are in the fleet he tried to get under a 15ft summat bridge. Supposed to use the Copilot Truck satnav fitted in the truck when you pull the tall trailers. Can only think he forgot he was pulling one of those instead of a 14ft 3in one almost all the other several hundred are and went on the normal route he used.

the maoster:

They’re not a haulage company. No forkie got killed. Anything else you’d like to show us you don’t have a clue about? No need to tell us you can’t drive for crap because we already know that.

One things started to amuse me on my night run, how many frigging kitchens do we go through in this country!
At least 5 company’s that do predominantly kitchens seen flying by night. New builds I get but ive changed one kitchen in 18 years!

Imp:
One things started to amuse me on my night run, how many frigging kitchens do we go through in this country!
At least 5 company’s that do predominantly kitchens seen flying by night. New builds I get but ive changed one kitchen in 18 years!

18 years is 6570 days.
There are 27.2 million households in the UK.
27.2m / 6570 = 4140 kitchens sold each day if every household changed their kitchen once every 18 years
I don’t know how many kitchens you can get onto1 artic, but I imagine you need a lot of artics to move 4140 kitchens per day.