New Middle East run film

Heads up, Scania trucks are releasing a multi part documentary on the Middle East Run on their YouTube channel.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcVEh2 … ture=share

Any idea when it starts?

commonrail:
Any idea when it starts?

New episodes every Sunday

I’ll look forward to that.

When Mr A was in a nursing home and his mind totally gone, the only thing that he had any connection with, was the first disc of the DVD Destination Doha. Him and his brother ran to Iran/Iraq rather than the Arab peninsula. Just put on a loop more or less, but you could see some recognition in his eyes.

Funny thing, memory.

Destination Doha. Brilliant. watched a few times. It is Brilliant.

Episode one

youtube.com/watch?v=7ep9dHr … ture=share

GOOD CLIP.
how sad when watching it to see a link to the other end of the trucking spectrum with a day out on a stobart run with some bint lifting a load of cakes along with another 4 stobart trucks.
even sadder than ice road lisa which at least has some nice scenery out the windows.
poles apart and so pathetic in comparison.
looks like a good interesting series of clip to come though. :slight_smile:

Episode two

youtu.be/ledTHNCZcCo

What do people think of this so far?

ticketyboo though too short. :smiley: :cry:
breath of fresh air to see the cloggy standing on the roof of the 140 steam cleaning it .
wheres the 3 points f contact,safety harness,hiviz,scaffolding,guard rail,risk assessment ,and induction as to the proper use thereof ,not least remember to wear full ppe gear,gloves,goggles,ear defenders ect.
just shows the total pish uk drivers are hypnotised into adhering to nowadays.

Think the footage is from an old film called bandar abbas express. Few poor quality bits on youtube.

Would be better in a longer format like destination doha rather than gimmicky snippets.

Still enjoyed it though.

Very interesting, makes me realise how easy we have it today. As said it’s a shame the clips are so short

jumping on the band wagon of previously made films…clipped together…but still worth a watch if you havnt seen it…or done it.

Episode three

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz76bU3 … ture=share

Episode four

youtu.be/UPV06MSr3Vs

I have that one on VHS Tape! Man did a watch i over and over as a kid :smiley:
Start in Sandefjord in Norway them guys were doing middle east in the 60is.

Danne

Episode five

youtu.be/5dJXYb2MuEg

Episode six

youtu.be/m1eZSZF9kgo

Thanks thornypete, I´ve watched em all. Fascinating stuff.
If you have the time and inclination, why not edit your first post with the episode links?
Your call, mate. :slight_smile:

And finally the entire Dubai Road Express movie, about 45 minuted long!

youtu.be/Apx36O6tqN4

steviespain:
Thanks thornypete, I´ve watched em all. Fascinating stuff.
If you have the time and inclination, why not edit your first post with the episode links?
Your call, mate. :slight_smile:

I might have a go at that later, cheers Steve :smiley: