Returning to UK & reactivating licence

Hi everyone, brief background, I did my C/C+E 20 years ago while in the mob, since then I moved to Canada, meanwhile my UK DL photocard expired & I turned 45. Am returning later this year so called DVLA about procedure for renewing licence, was told no problem just need to do a medical & send off application form. I’ve been treated for mild depression & anxiety on & off for a few years, mostly on to be honest (daughter with heart disease - enough said), & right now I take daily medication. Never missed a day of work because of it or had any difficulties with daily functioning, & my Canadian doctor considers me safe to be driving. Has anyone had any recent experience with being on antidepressants & the medical? Or should I wait until I’m off the meds completely before applying for my lorry categories? I was really hoping to get a driving job fairly soon after returning.

Any input would be appreciated - thanks in advance

Sorry, no answer from me but, have you looked in the Health section? And maybe a mod could move this post to the “ordinary” Professional section?
Although you may be newbie when you return this query may get a better response from some more of us old far… Correction, some more mature experienced drivers?
Anyway Welcome!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Simple answer, go to Fred in Shed medical for £50

Or your regular registered GP £150

Only you know if antidepressants upset you, according to the DVLA list you would be banned from driving because of Acne

Simple answer is you don’t need to tell them,my doctor said unless he thinks I’m not fit you don’t need to tell them anything…
Iv been on fluoxetine for a few years never any bother…
Also I know a lad that’s just had a mild heart attack,doctor told him to inform dvla but do not surrender your licence if asked because you will have a right job getting it back,
A month later he was back on the road with a letter from his doctor,
A little advice too,send everything to the dvla 1st class recorded,then you have proof they have all corespondence you have sent them

When I applied for my class 2 licence 6 years ago I was on fluoxetine (common anti-depressant) and put down I was on the medical form and had no issues getting my provisional. Not even any questions, just through the post a couple of weeks after sending it off.

You should be alright I think.

Don’t tell them the p#+s test is only for diabetes

Nobody’s mentioned the dcpc? I assume you’ll have to do many hours in the class room before you can start driving again.

Thanks all for taking the time to reply. Think I might ask my doctor if I can switch onto fluoxetine before I get back, seems to have fewer side effects that they could be concerned about than the meds I’m currently on (venlafaxine). I should be off them altogether by the end of the year, so the end is in sight anyway…! I’ll probably end up having to going through a “Fred in a shed” outfit for the medical as my local GP can’t take me as a patient for two months. I suppose the only hitch would be if DVLA want to contact my doctor for any reason, since she’s in Canada, but she did say that she’ll write a letter for me to bring to say that in her opinion I’m safe to be on the road.
Yes, I’m aware of the CPC classes, does anyone have any suggestions of a good company to do those with? I’m headed for the Stoke-on-Trent area. I also used to be ADR certified, is that worth doing again?

Thanks!