We are in the news again

stokesentinel.co.uk/news/st … rs-1738171
■■■ ■■■ bags being left in residents hedges…

No excuses for the mess being left but also reading the complaints I wonder how many are real and how many are made up for the purpose of the complaint/petition

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Some complaints seem a bit far fetched and again its only a small minority of drivers that a spoil it for the rest.

Who the Zb would park there the night any way as it’s right on the road and there’s lots more tucked back lay bye on that road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It can be frightening because you do not know who is in the lorries and whether they can see into our house.

Sensationalise much?

I also notice this is based on “Im saying” rather than “here’s the evidence”

The-Snowman:

It can be frightening because you do not know who is in the lorries and whether they can see into our house.

Sensationalise much?

Anyone that knows that stretch will know the houses are set back and about 20ft higher than the road,you’d have to stand on your trailer to see into people’s houses :smiley:

■■■ bags are dumped in hedges and everywhere else by irresponsible dog owners as well.

Im assuming this is someone on a wind up (Not a driver?) as who would actually pay out of their allowance to park? and most firms you would be at a loss getting £25 night out money and spending £30 to pay lol.

Also the comment of plenty of spaces at night in the services?

34 minutes ago
DoctorDo2
There’s plenty of places to stop for the night, with proper facilities, at Keele or Stafford services on the M6. The problem is that the drivers don’t want to use their overnight allowance to pay for somewhere to park up.

xichrisxi:
A34 residents: 'Stop lorry drivers urinating outside our homes NOW!' - Stoke-on-Trent Live

Is it just me that gets ■■■■■■ off with having to spend time de-selecting all the cookie ad options on every [zb]ing news site before I can read what the [zb]ing article is about? I’m sick of being bombarded with cookies on every ■■■■■■■ site! The irony of it being that choosing no to the cookies still saves a cookie on your machine to remember that you’ve chosen no to the other [zb]ing cookies. WTF! :imp:

As you were…

It’s no wonder the locals are concerned, only a complete [zb] ■■■■■■ would park there overnight when there are loads of decent parking areas around there all set back off the main road.

A little tale of a big railroad company in the USA that had a ■■■ problem. The big locomotives have a little toilet in the corner but on one loco it was unusable so the crew told management but management being management gave them some plastic bags and said use these. So the crew used them and didn’t throw them beside the tracks but waited till they were passing by some houses and with great accuracy tossed them in the back yard.

This may have not been so incriminating but management had given the crew bags with the railroads name on them so after angry complaints the bog was fixed. :laughing:

Rob K:

xichrisxi:
A34 residents: 'Stop lorry drivers urinating outside our homes NOW!' - Stoke-on-Trent Live

Is it just me that gets ■■■■■■ off with having to spend time de-selecting all the cookie ad options on every [zb]ing news site before I can read what the [zb]ing article is about? I’m sick of being bombarded with cookies on every ■■■■■■■ site! The irony of it being that choosing no to the cookies still saves a cookie on your machine to remember that you’ve chosen no to the other [zb]ing cookies. WTF! :imp:

As you were…

And don’t forget the “We’ve updated our privacy policy” too :laughing:

This is exactly where i live,i,m home a couple of times in the week and all weekend and can,t honestly say we,ve experienced any of whats reported,i have seen the odd foreign registered truck parked here but i could count how many times on one hand and we,ve lived there over 8yrs,
It must be a quiet news day in the Potteries.

I go down this stretch every day, and can’t see a problem, maybe once a month a foreigner is parked there, but as for looking into the houses, impossible

xichrisxi:

The-Snowman:

Sensationalise much?

Anyone that knows that stretch will know the houses are set back and about 20ft higher than the road,you’d have to stand on your trailer to see into people’s houses :smiley:

It’s not a bad view off your catwalk into number 27

Some of those comments are gold. I love how people are annoyed because lorry drivers are not paying for parking at an MSA from the ‘‘allowance they get’’. :grimacing: The irony is, I bet every resident along there orders from Amazon, buys too much crap at Christmas, and takes advantage of any 24 hour supermarket within 2 miles of their house.

waddy640:
■■■ bags are dumped in hedges and everywhere else by irresponsible dog owners as well.

…Except supermarket trollies. I think that’s kids sitting in them, and then wiping their arses about somehow…

Lorry drivers would never do that in a million years same as they never cause any accidents.The problem is some are in complete denial I reckon. :unamused:
I am afraid some are guilty some of the time. Shame for the decent guys.