POLL: Do you WANT a driver-facing-camera or not?

As the thread title says.

I’m not asking if you currently have one pointing at you or not, or whether you’re bothered by the idea of them.

I am simply asking if you WANT a driver-facing-camera in your cab or not.

Emphatically NOPE! but apparently our lot are getting them soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. No way. Never.

I reckon anybody who votes ‘Yes’ is either co. brainwashed, not wired up right, or both. :unamused: …or worse one of the famous ‘‘Well if you’re doing nothing wrong’’ squad.
Why would anybody WANT a ■■■■ camera facing them ffs. :unamused:

robroy:
I reckon anybody who votes ‘Yes’ is either co. brainwashed, not wired up right, or both. :unamused: …or worse one of the famous ‘‘Well if you’re doing nothing wrong’’ squad.
Why would anybody WANT a [zb] camera facing them ffs. :unamused:

What if they wanted to be famous? Could be an in to the latest easy entry to celebrrityville
“Truck Idol”
“Sing us a song while yer driving, we´ll get you on the telly”.
“Have to wait until we get cameras fitted, I´ll see if I can hurry the firm along, eh”?

My dash cam reflects off the windscreen after dark , me I’ll have one Iam brainwashed :laughing:

Do I want them no. Will we all end up with them at some point most likely.

There may be the odd few places that won’t have them but most places will on the future I imagine.

simcor:

There may be the odd few places that won’t have them but most places will on the future I imagine.

They don’t come odder than us , simcor :smiley:

albion:

simcor:

Lol you said it not me. I agree there will be some companies that won’t have them fitted by it will become the norm in time just as most things do. You can’t stop progress sadly even if it’s not really progress.

simcor:

albion:

simcor:

Lol you said it not me. I agree there will be some companies that won’t have them fitted by it will become the norm in time just as most things do. You can’t stop progress sadly even if it’s not really progress.

As soeone else said, they’ll come as standard one day off the production line.

Don’t care either way. Not going to ask for one but not spitting my dummy out if I get into a truck to find one.

If I was against them as many are on here I’d go buy my own truck then I could get a choice in the matter because as others have said you’re going to find them fitted in any wagon not run by owner drivers or a cowboy outfit.

Punchy Dan:
My dash cam reflects off the windscreen after dark , me I’ll have one Iam brainwashed :laughing:

Yeah but I heard your boss was a bit of a nightmare to work for…

A second question could have been ‘‘are you prepared to leave your current job and go elsewhere without such cameras’’?

My answer to that would be yes.
I don’t want to leave my job, which is good but because i also enjoy it, but you have to draw your own personal line in the sand that beyond you will not go, that’s mine.

The-Snowman:

Punchy Dan:

Yeah but I heard your boss was a bit of a nightmare to work for…

She is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,I bet the office wouldn’t want to watch that Dipper Dave for long though :open_mouth:

There’s no upside for the driver.

Perhaps a sweetner would have made “force implementation” more palatable?

“A month of Camera-Free recored incidents…”

Smoking/Eating/Swigging/Looking at Paperwork/Swearing - no bonus.
Any road traffic voilations (running amber light, sharp braking, wavering, or splashing someone in puddle - no bonus.

Now… As to the bonus…

I reckon it should be worth around £1 extra for every hour clocked on that entire month! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:
There’s no upside for the driver.

Perhaps a sweetner would have made “force implementation” more palatable?

“A month of Camera-Free recored incidents…”

Smoking/Eating/Swigging/Looking at Paperwork/Swearing - no bonus.
Any road traffic voilations (running amber light, sharp braking, wavering, or splashing someone in puddle - no bonus.

Now… As to the bonus…

I reckon it should be worth around £1 extra for every hour clocked on that entire month! :smiley: [emoji14] [emoji14] :stuck_out_tongue:

Good sentiments, but we all know any financial gains from having cameras will likely go in profits, or in reducing the contract price in the next round of “race to the bottom” tendering.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

So nearly all of us don’t want them but nearly all will accept them…
If all drivers kicked off they would be scraped I’m telling you.
I’m not a militant fella but the power drivers have when sticking together is more powerful than most think…

Conor:
going to find them fitted in any wagon not run by owner drivers or a cowboy outfit.

Cowboy outfit or traditionalists? :sunglasses:

yorkshire terrier:
So nearly all of us don’t want them but nearly all will accept them…
If all drivers kicked off they would be scraped I’m telling you.
I’m not a militant fella but the power drivers have when sticking together is more powerful than most think…

Yup, and the drivers that stand together and say no, especially with the guidance help and encouragement of a good union they all do their bit to support, are the ones who won’t be having to live with their very own perma surveillance device recording every moment of their working lives.

I work for big companies one of them XPO and very few of their (outward facing) cameras actually work. In fact most of them have been broken off their mountings probably by git big boots on the dash. In other words fitting them seemed a good idea at the time, but the day to day working of the motors doesn`t justify their repair and maintenance.
Half-arsed.

No. I just couldnt drive with a camera on me...maybe youngsters could stomach it, but Id block it with a rag or tape or something. Not bothered about the consequences.