Meanwhile in Bradford

m.facebook.com/WYPBradfordEast/ … 91/?type=3

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n … underpass/

goo.gl/maps/sZoe7v7noEL2

Professional driver? The “tunnel/underpass” under the railway is visibly low and in a dip. You wouldn’t even get a single decker under it.

Agency, flop flip, there I’ve said it.

City sightseeing bus now, just needs a paint job!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Magicmikew:
Content unavailable

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n … underpass/

goo.gl/maps/sZoe7v7noEL2

Professional driver? The “tunnel/underpass” under the railway is visibly low and in a dip. You wouldn’t even get a single decker under it.

Not to mention big ■■■■ off sign showing way round it!

Buses don’t use that route anyway I’d bet he was coming from depot at bottom of Wakefield Road and just headed down to Nelson Street ready to go into interchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the link:

The First Bus was travelling on Mill Lane, in Broomfields, at 6.30pm today when the driver misjudged the height of a tunnel and ripped the roof off his vehicle.

Misjudged? :open_mouth: That’s the understatement of the year!

Unless it was a mechanic driving it for maintenance/MOT purposes then I don’t understand because surely public buses routes are set in stone. I would have thought even if there’s a closed road then the driver would have to follow diversion instructions from the depot rather than find their own way round.

They were heading from Manchester Road towards Wakefield Road. Roof dropped at Nelson Street side of bridge. My guess is they were trying to avoid some congestion around Croft St. having got rid of last passenger further up Manchester Road.

Im sure theres a pond nearby …………. Well the Driver did shout “Duuuuuck” !!!

The bridge has got form from bridge strikes looking at the paint scrapes to the black and yellow stripes. I wonder if the Scrapmans yard has got a secondhand bus roof!!!

Pennineman:
The bridge has got form from bridge strikes looking at the paint scrapes to the black and yellow stripes. I wonder if the Scrapmans yard has got a secondhand bus roof!!!

It definitely does have form. In fact the stripes are actually on a separate girder, on each side of the bridge, put in before the actual bridge structure.

Its unbelievable that the driver didnt notice the height theres warnings all over

I used to work as Signalman in the box just nearby “Mill Lane” which will close in October as it goes onto York Power box ( I think it’s York), and trucks hitting the bridge was a monthly occurrence, sometimes weekly, we could never understand why someone driving such huge trucks did it, a tall van is pushing it never mind a 16" trailer.

ramone:
Its unbelievable that the driver didnt notice the height theres warnings all over

Maybe replicating a scene from his favourite bond film?

Clobbered again;

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n … heds-load/

Magicmikew:

Pennineman:

It definitely does have form. In fact the stripes are actually on a separate girder, on each side of the bridge, put in before the actual bridge structure.

Have a look on Streetview at the other side of the bridge - that big ■■■■-off girder is well bent

google.com/maps/@53.7862672 … 312!8i6656

I wouldn’t consider taking a Domi II Bedford under there let alone a decker. As they say, “There’s nowt as queer as folk”

waddy640:
I wouldn’t consider taking a Domi II Bedford under there let alone a decker. As they say, “There’s nowt as queer as folk”

There’s nowt as thick as folk!

That bridge is well signpost and even a blind ■■■■ can see it’s extra low !!

dcgpx:

waddy640:

There’s nowt as thick as folk!

That bridge is well signpost and even a blind [zb] can see it’s extra low !!

I think the signs should be in braille ,that might help

10’ 6" !? Thats not suitable for anything bigger than a caravan - ideally should gave a no HGV restriction on the road although that might just help increase the fines when the next one hits the bridge.

Pretty sure non of our rigids are under 12’ s and they are std DAFs a d doubt mpst others are.

trevHCS:
10’ 6" !? - ideally should gave a no HGV restriction .

Could it be that as authorities decide to put weight restrictions on safe roads, as in the ones where self important residents who think they should be able to control who drives through their areas are desensitising drivers to signage. Have been through plenty of weight restrictions in a 26 tonner as we have to deliver in them areas, seems a bad idea to me.

Gav

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk