Looks nasty - A47 Guyham closed for a while

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c … e-44612842

Several people have been seriously hurt in a crash between a double-decker bus and a lorry in the Cambridgeshire Fens, ambulance crews said.

Up to 20 people were injured in the accident at about 07:30 BST on the A47 Thorney Road in Guyhirn.

The East of England Ambulance Service said its crews were “caring for several seriously injured patients”.

The air ambulance charity Magpas said it was called to a “major incident” and was treating up to 20 people.

Dan Cody from the charity said between 15 and 20 people had been treated for injuries of “varied severity” and “about half” had been taken to hospitals.

At least 1 dead unfortunately:(

Straight road in both directions, how did he not see the bus?

Hope all the injured recover fully and quickly. Hate that bloody stretch of road with a passion, I’m forever having the partially sighted pull out on me along there :imp: . Not wishing to go all TNCSI here but it shouldn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what happened here.

Edit; just read Matts post, RIP.

Maybe he was looking into that early morning sun and failed to see the bus, or maybe he was maximum weight and slower than expected at pulling out of the yard and the bus failed to see him.

Rentadent:
Maybe he was looking into that early morning sun and failed to see the bus, or maybe he was maximum weight and slower than expected at pulling out of the yard and the bus failed to see him.

The shadows suggest it was the bus driver that was facing the sun, not the truck driver.

My first thoughts are that the artic was out on the road turning right for long enough for the bus to slow & stop, but time will tell.

BBC saying…

2 dead now.

My condolences to all involved.

That’s an awful yard to get out of especially turning right. The road is straight both ways but it’s so busy you literally have to see the smallest gap and go no matter who you annoy by doing it. I imagine the haulage company will have some health and safety matters to answer to now.

Buckstones:

Rentadent:

The shadows suggest it was the bus driver that was facing the sun, not the truck driver.

You’re right, I didn’t look at the shadows, but I know how that sun is early in the morning and the first thing I looked at when I saw the photo was the time of the accident

Foreign truck turning right and not payed as much attention to the traffic from the right because he forgot which side of the road he should be turning onto?

nomiS36:
Foreign truck turning right and not payed as much attention to the traffic from the right because he forgot which side of the road he should be turning onto?

O how wrong you are, it’s a Bretts vehicle. Try no be too quick to judge.

nomiS36:

It’s one of Bretts so no.

nomiS36:

Right hand drive Scania run by an English company.

nomiS36:

O how wrong you are, that’s one of Brett’s leaving ken Thomas yard, it might have had agency driver in,

CSI hat on, looks like he has pulled out of yard got it rolling and said ‘i ain’t stopping, it’s heavy’ all Brett’s have real time cameras, so they will know.

nomiS36:

Don’t know how you came to that conclusion the truck was leaving it’s own yard Brett’s it’s so sad for everybody concerned
How many times have you pulled out at a junction/roundabout to then see a vehicle racing towards you [emoji36]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From positioning it’s looking like he saw what he thought was a gap and gone for it, maybe hoping the bus would slow?

Bus could have been upto speed and couldn’t stop in time.

Doesn’t look good for Brett’s driver

RIP to the two dead already.

Bad all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe If the bus driver was facing the sun then he would have seen the lorry late. Too late. Looking at how far the lorry is out then in normal conditions I’d say any vehicle could have either stopped or slowed enough for only a light impact.

The bus driver is one of the fatilities.

Pete.

You can’t ask the bus driver now, but straight roads, good views for both drivers and no reason for crashing. Police say unfortunate accident.