One Sheep

facebook.com/customtrucksma … 401/?t=153

Wot a berk. Ever wondered why you’re all looked as cretins?

The company has spelt their name wrong, should be Moron not Moran

I’m sure I saw that video months ago. Anyway, the blokes still an idiot [emoji57]

You pay peanuts…

He didn’t break anything and he didn’t kill anyone. I think only perfect drivers who’ve never ■■■■■■ up should be allowed to criticise him.
That means I’d best shut up now. :wink:

Anyone else curious as to why his trousers fell down when he got out and he quickly did them up?!
Maybe he was tossing the job off :laughing:

facebook.com/customtrucksma … A5OTcxNDM/

Ive seen the picture of that from a while ago but I thought he was trying to turn right. I didnt realise he was trying to do a u turn

Couldn’t even get his name right on the front panel.

I dunno, he cocked up (haven’t we all?) but got himself out of it with only a slight glance to the pedestrian lights, well done mate.

wasnt it on here a while ago?
slight brain lapse,spur of moment decision,bit of a whoopsie,and job done with no kittens maimed or schoolkids traumatised.
apart from the trunker lemmings doing exactly the same rune day after day after day ( or night) ,then id thing most of us have gotten away with much worse.( at least i know i have)… :smiley:

Personally I think the driver was an idiot trying to do a u-turn there.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155295&p=2485943&hilit=moran#p2485943

Did something relatively similar on my first ever shift.

I was in a rigid and needed to turn around. I got it around in about a dozen shunts. But by that point I had horns blaring at me and people going mental.

Whilst I’m not excusing this sort of stuff - for all you know it might be his first ever artic shift, or even first time driving a truck alone. I went from 4 half days training to being passed the keys. Same with an artic actually - company policy was an assessment, until their driver hurt his back and the load wouldn’t go out.

Again not saying it’s right - but you wouldn’t expect someone who passed their car test the day before to be a top notch driver. So why would you expect it from a truck driver? I recently did my bike test on that and am not too good on the bike yet either. I’m slowly building up my confidence. The difference is that I don’t ‘have’ to do anything on the bike - it’ a toy, in a truck you do need to get it somewhere.

Here it is on YouTube for anyone who doesn’t like Facebook.

This happened early 2017

tachograph:
Here it is on YouTube for anyone who doesn’t like Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQo5w7hk0dc

Correct me if I am wrong, 9 times out of 10 I am, but how is this an illegal u-turn?

google.com/maps/@53.407059, … 312!8i6656

Clearly no crossed out U signs on the lights

sammym:
but you wouldn’t expect someone who passed their car test the day before to be a top notch driver. So why would you expect it from a truck driver?

Seems to me that you and many others appear to be missing the point.

It’s not the drivers skill, talent, knowledge or experience (or lack of) that is in question here, it is pure and simply a lack of common sense! This guy didn’t show an ounce of it by attempting that manoeuvre in the first place, unfortunately common sense (‘common’ that’s a laugh isn’t it?) isn’t something that can be taught so if he lacked it enough to try that then god only knows what he’s been up to since, I just hope it hasn’t involved driving anything bigger than a Smart car!

Looking at the video, I would question the Driver’s competency to hold an LGV licence. Surely he hasn’t a clue of the vehicles size if he thought he could maneuver around that junction.

Do you know what after all these years i still make the odd ■■■■ up, and any driver i speak to will say the same, its how you sort the situation after you’ve made a ■■■■ up that counts.

The driver in the video cocked up and he’d be the first to kick himself, but he got himself out of the mess with only a minor scrape to that traffic light post, i expected a lot worse to happen.

I’d been driving only a short while and made a similar ■■■■■■■■ up when i tried to take a too tight right turn, miscalculated it and got meself in a right pickle, started to panic cos traffic was soon building up, this was up Geordieland somewhere but i can’t recall where.
An off duty lorry driver casually walked up to the cab climbed up on the step and told me to calm down and ignore the other buggers, simply reverse back on the same lock i’d tried to get round on, and then go a few hundred yards further along when another right turn would take me the same way but easier, he then buggered off with a cheery wave and a few seconds later i was out and gone, albeit red faced.

I’ll continue to make the odd ■■■■ up till i finally hang up me keys for the last time, cos i aint perfect like some here, and like the bloke in the video i’ll get meself out of it too.