Filling in security's clipboard

Shouldn’t they be doing it?

You know, when you arrive somewhere, and the security guard has to tear himself away from his film/phone/ipad, comes out, passes you a clipboard, and says “fill this in mate”.

Is this not laziness on his behalf?

Some driver in an RDC waiting room claimed he told a guard he couldn’t read or write. It went back and forth in an argument for 5 minutes or so, but the guard ended up filling it in, lol.

What’s your surname?

Smith

Is that with a th or FFF?

Easier to get the driver to complete it.

The names
Smafinskicov
:laughing:

My name is Ivor…Ivor Biggun.

Yea it’s boneidle but I prefer to fill it in myself, especially when dealing with foreign types who aren’t fluent in the queens. The whole “what’s your reg”, “what’s your trailer” , “can you spell that” thing gets tedious multiple times a day.

When I was working out of Panther at Lodge Farm me and another driver from Peterlee would have coffee bets with each other to see how far we could get the security bod chasing us round the yard shaking his clipboard at us :smiley: . The portakabin was set back from entrance so if you came in with a decent turn of pace you could drive straight into the yard and be away before he’d had chance to put his coffee down and come out :smiley: . The security was actually for K+N so nothing to do with us and the kid made such a meal out of it asking dumb irrelevant questions costing us valuable time that we just ignored him. Both us dropped our trailers at the front of building rather than under the canopy round the back and we’ve both had him do a full lap of the yard and come up to us nearly out of breath to get our details and give us a bollocking for not stopping. We’d reply “we’ve been told by our office that we don’t have to stop as we’re not K+N!” and just plead innocence :smiley: . We usually arrived within a few minutes of each other so the 2nd one to arrive would find there was no-one on the gate, because he was chasing the 1st one round the yard :smiley: and so could drive straight in anyway. The next time we got the inevitable bollocking for not signing in we had the perfect excuse “well when I came here last night there was no [zb]er here! I waited for 5 mins and you never came!” knowing full well that it was because he was out chasing the other one of us round the yard for not stopping :smiley: . It had the desired effect because a couple of weeks later they dropped the whole signing in thing altogether.

Name; Nick

Surname; Name

DOB; 31/11/18

Company; Female

Delivery; Here

Pallets; All of them.

Rob K:
When I was working out of Panther at Lodge Farm me and another driver from Peterlee would have coffee bets with each other to see how far we could get the security bod chasing us round the yard shaking his clipboard at us :smiley: . The portakabin was set back from entrance so if you came in with a decent turn of pace you could drive straight into the yard and be away before he’d had chance to put his coffee down and come out :smiley: . The security was actually for K+N so nothing to do with us and the kid made such a meal out of it asking dumb irrelevant questions costing us valuable time that we just ignored him. Both us dropped our trailers at the front of building rather than under the canopy round the back and we’ve both had him do a full lap of the yard and come up to us nearly out of breath to get our details and give us a bollocking for not stopping. We’d reply “we’ve been told by our office that we don’t have to stop as we’re not K+N!” and just plead innocence :smiley: . We usually arrived within a few minutes of each other so the 2nd one to arrive would find there was no-one on the gate, because he was chasing the 1st one round the yard :smiley: and so could drive straight in anyway. The next time we got the inevitable bollocking for not signing in we had the perfect excuse “well when I came here last night there was no [zb]er here! I waited for 5 mins and you never came!” knowing full well that it was because he was out chasing the other one of us round the yard for not stopping :smiley: . It had the desired effect because a couple of weeks later they dropped the whole signing in thing altogether.

:laughing: :laughing:

I used to hate those ones where they ask you how many miles you’ve travelled from, what the delivery is for etc. I’d give them different answers everytime even if it was the same material being delivered. When asked what it was for I always answered that I didn’t kniw and had no interest.

Have you tried asking how they will handle your data under the GDPR ? and can you see their privacy policy statement ? :laughing:

Ive had the inevitable how many miles have you travelled to get here?

Put 0.001 last time. Well I was stuck in the queue so thats how far I had travelled to the gate.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
Ive had the inevitable how many miles have you travelled to get here?

Put 0.001 last time. Well I was stuck in the queue so thats how far I had travelled to the gate.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Co op Andover; “did you use the A303 to get here?” “Dunno, followed sat nav” is my stock answer.

yet another sad reflection on the moral and mental decay in the uk today and how its a lost cause of a country.
when asked what goods im carrying then im prone to listing such things as…chicken lips,glider engines,waistcoat sleeves,if its on a fridge then it could range from coal,to moby dicks flippers and other whimsycal items as my thoughts dictate.
occasionaly you might get questioned,but seldom nowadays.
the retards now on security generally serve no purpose whatsoever in reality.
similar to the ferries in the uk/ireland north and south,then they are a complete joke,just cabbages waring a hiviz.
years ago i called wincanton gatehouse to check i was going to the right place in trafford park…to all my can you tell me if,questions,the answer was…no ,when i went through the gate eventually all that was missing was his bowler hat and a bone through his nose.
the guy genuinely couldnt tell me the postcode,name of street,or junction on the m60 closest to him.he could only point a finger at the goods in office.
ive delivered bread to united bakeries in a fridge on a regular run and told the guy i was carrying coal,i even talked him into going to ask if he could find me a shovel as i broke mine loading it…hard to believe,but retards dont come close.

I always make up a name or just do completely illegible scrawls in every box.

Putting your reg in the name box and time in the reg box can get them sweating.

They’d only clog up the dole queue if we didn’t have them and using them as sandbags isn’t allowed, so we need to put up with them.

My pet hate is I deliver to a lot of building sites. And have usual name company etc. But found lately they ask how many miles have you travelled to get here

. I once asked was told b uilding sites are trying to be green enviomently friendly want try source local etc.

1st does it matter how far I’ve travelled. And 2nd say ive travelled 10 miles to the site. The stuff I’m taking has probably come hundreds of miles in the UK to local depot then on to site. And probably come thousands of miles by plane/container anyway to get to the main depot 1st

Tipped early one morning in Forres, asked to fill in the sheet with how far I’d travelled, put down 530 miles, they questioned it and changed it to 175, keeps the average down for locally sourced materials. Just massaging the figures.

“How many miles have you travelled to get here?”

“Well do you mean from my last stop for traffic? Or traffic lights? or from the depot? Do you mean from when I picked it up? Or from my last drop? Technically this covers from I left my house this morning. Its a bit ambiguos and I dont want to fill it in incorrectly. I take form filling very seriously”

“errrr…”

“Now where it says age, do you mean roughly in years or do you want exact months, days etc? Im not sure what time I was born, Ithink it was about half 6 in the morning.”

“Just go and stop being a ■■■■”

“No bother chief”

dieseldog999:
the retards now on security generally serve no purpose whatsoever in reality.
similar to the ferries in the uk/ireland north and south,then they are a complete joke,just cabbages waring a hiviz.

This.

How much of our time gets wasted by these plastic cops taking great delight in turning us away because “your not on the list”, “no reference” or “your more than x early/late”, when if you could just talk directly to the office you could have a chance of getting somewhere.

I have two rentacop security guard stories:

I used to deliver to a place in Milton Keynes. The guard sat in a little office between the entrance and exit gates so he could get you both ways. He was one of the first I dealt with who wanted all this BX about how far etc and Like others I used to ask the same daft questions he heard 100 times a day. One day I went in with just a parcel and the whole delivery took about two minutes. I got to the gate, and the same guy who had just taken all my Name, Company… details stopped me. “Name?” he said, totally straight-faced. I was going to say “The same as it was five minutes ago”, but I actually gave him a made-up name and made-up company etc. He wrote it all down and sent me on my way.

The other was at Blake’s. They were having a problem with drivers leaving trailer plates on when parking on a bay, so the boss decided that the lazy gits in the security hut could earn their keep by collecting them all on the way in, and issuing them back on the way out.
On day four or five, a new guy turned up and was duly told about collecting plates. A few hours later, there was a near riot in the yard because the silly sod was swiping plates of all the guys delivering in. One spotted him and objected; he says “rules is rules” and the driver took a swing at him. He already had half-a-dozen stowed away, some belonging to trucks that had already left.

Santa:
The other was at Blake’s. They were having a problem with drivers leaving trailer plates on when parking on a bay, so the boss decided that the lazy gits in the security hut could earn their keep by collecting them all on the way in, and issuing them back on the way out.
On day four or five, a new guy turned up and was duly told about collecting plates. A few hours later, there was a near riot in the yard because the silly sod was swiping plates of all the guys delivering in. One spotted him and objected; he says “rules is rules” and the driver took a swing at him. He already had half-a-dozen stowed away, some belonging to trucks that had already left.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: