Automatic pump start

Pat Hasler:

Rob K:
Surely given how much you are respected by your company this could be resolved “in minutes” by making a quick call to your CEO, no ? :confused:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154761&p=2475915#p2475915

I really don’t understand why you think I don’t converse and chat with the CEO and VP of the company, these guys come to our terminals whenever they can and when I first started talking to either of them it was my job to do so, I was made Yonkers supervisor by the VP after a request from the manager of Domino sugar, Yonkers had no manager at the time and he needed a Foodliner employee to communicate with, I was the longest serving driver at the terminal and he chose me, it was my job to also notify the VP and general manager of any problems with the refinery or drivers, we became good friends. It is not bullcrap or make believe, we are good friends and we talk privately on a regular basis, the last chat we had was about my cancer and he has actually suggested getting me an automatic truck (something we don’t use on the company) just to ease my leg pains.
You seem to think that a driver can’t possibly be friends with someone so senior and I don’t understand it :question:

^ Exactly my point. You repeatedly brag about sorting things out for other drivers “within minutes” by ringing your company CEO, yet the incredibly trivial matter of a fuel station not recognising your own driver number causing you to “kick[ing] the crap out of the pump for 10 minutes” is apparently too much of a taboo subject that you can’t raise it with your CEO and good friend in any of your regular, private talks.

Just me? :bulb: